PowerDVD to display on TV Problems

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have an
ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128Mb Graphics card with Composite TV
out, and when i connect the cable up to my TV it works
fine. I can play games, surf the net, send e-mails all by
using my TV as a monitor. However, when i try to play a
DVD it displays the movie on my PC monitor perfectly. but
on the TV it's just a blank (almost purple) stripe where
the movie should be, and the mouse cursor is also visible.
Can anyone help with this problem, so I can watch DVD's
from my PC on my TV. It has worked ok before but I can't
think what I might have done to stop it. Thanks
Chris Blackburn

Does the audio play fine without the picture? If so, it's probably a problem
with overlay, generally graphics cards can't do it on two monitors at once,
so by setting the tv as a primary monitor in the graphics card properties
often sorts it.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Chris Blackburn" <chris.blackburn81@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have an
> ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128Mb Graphics card with Composite TV
> out, and when i connect the cable up to my TV it works
> fine. I can play games, surf the net, send e-mails all by
> using my TV as a monitor. However, when i try to play a
> DVD it displays the movie on my PC monitor perfectly. but
> on the TV it's just a blank (almost purple) stripe where
> the movie should be, and the mouse cursor is also visible.
> Can anyone help with this problem, so I can watch DVD's
> from my PC on my TV. It has worked ok before but I can't
> think what I might have done to stop it. Thanks
> Chris Blackburn

TRENDING THREADS