Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DESPERATE HELP

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 17, 2010 4:50:46 PM

OK, I'm new on here, and would appreciate the help. I Have a brand new computer.
Asus M4N68T-M V2 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor
4 Gig RAM
Clean 500 gig SATA HDD
nVidia GTS 450

So now i'm trying to install Windows 7, and I now get through the first step and i get stuck on a screen asking to install device drivers. I tried to re-burn 3 different versions of Windows, with 8 different DVD's. I tried removing 2 gigs of ram. I've tried different DVD drives, i've flashed the most recent drivers of the BIOS. I am exhausted by this for it has been going on for a week now. Can someone PLEASE help me?

More about : desperate

December 17, 2010 8:09:10 PM

What device driver is it asking for? I'd unplug anything you don't need for install and try it again. Keep your RAM but unplug any extra DVD drives or other items. If you have an onboard video card unplug any PCI video cards or other cards and try the install with the bare minimum. Once installed you can add each item in one at a time. Try and find the most current drivers for everything and have them close by so you won't have to search for them when you install each component.
December 17, 2010 8:57:38 PM

antoinef851 said:
OK, I'm new on here, and would appreciate the help. I Have a brand new computer.
Asus M4N68T-M V2 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor
4 Gig RAM
Clean 500 gig SATA HDD
nVidia GTS 450

So now i'm trying to install Windows 7, and I now get through the first step and i get stuck on a screen asking to install device drivers. I tried to re-burn 3 different versions of Windows, with 8 different DVD's. I tried removing 2 gigs of ram. I've tried different DVD drives, i've flashed the most recent drivers of the BIOS. I am exhausted by this for it has been going on for a week now. Can someone PLEASE help me?


Generally the only drivers needed during a windows install are motherboard/raid drivers. It is probably stuck looking for drivers because it doesn't know where to perform the install. Try the disk that came with the mobo, it's probably got hard drive controller drivers that will work.
Related resources
December 17, 2010 9:57:07 PM

poisonpanik said:
What device driver is it asking for? I'd unplug anything you don't need for install and try it again. Keep your RAM but unplug any extra DVD drives or other items. If you have an onboard video card unplug any PCI video cards or other cards and try the install with the bare minimum. Once installed you can add each item in one at a time. Try and find the most current drivers for everything and have them close by so you won't have to search for them when you install each component.


Ok, i will try that as soon as I get home. Thanks, i will let you know as soon as i find out if it works.
December 17, 2010 10:02:06 PM

trnddwn33 said:
Generally the only drivers needed during a windows install are motherboard/raid drivers. It is probably stuck looking for drivers because it doesn't know where to perform the install. Try the disk that came with the mobo, it's probably got hard drive controller drivers that will work.


I tried that disk already. It was no help. It just updated it to the same version that i had when i originally purchased. But i can try the bare minimums.
December 19, 2010 3:29:03 PM

antoinef851 said:

So now i'm trying to install Windows 7, and I now get through the first step and i get stuck on a screen asking to install device drivers. I tried to re-burn 3 different versions of Windows, with 8 different DVD's. I tried removing 2 gigs of ram. I've tried different DVD drives, i've flashed the most recent drivers of the BIOS. I am exhausted by this for it has been going on for a week now. Can someone PLEASE help me?


What? Why are you re-burning windows? Is this a legit version of windows or a hybrid version that takes out what you don't need. Is the disk scratched?

Secondly why not just select to format the hard drive instead of installing drivers. I would go for the clean install.

Hope that helps.
!