Acronis True Image and Serial-ATA

Does True Image still not work with Serial (SATA) hard drives? A
friend of mine says it does not, but I don't see why it couldn't...

thx!

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:32:28 -0700, skydigger123 wrote:

>Does True Image still not work with Serial (SATA) hard drives? A
>friend of mine says it does not, but I don't see why it couldn't...

You may want to look around the threads on their support forum:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

The last version (7) had problems with SATA, apparently with specific
chipsets, but many of these have been cleared up with the recent
release of TI8. Some people continue to have problems with SATA RAID.

I'd recommend you d/l the demo and try before buying.

peter

From:
http://www.acronis.com/resource/tips-tricks/2004/drive2drive.html
I have an impression that TI 8 should work with SATA just fine.

In article <iqqbj0laq3p6kq4cae58f5knda8h6v8af1@4ax.com>, <skydigger123> wrote:
>Does True Image still not work with Serial (SATA) hard drives? A
>friend of mine says it does not, but I don't see why it couldn't...
>
>thx!

It works for me. I just replaced a dead disk and reimaged in a machine
that used SATA.

Fine print:

The machine had an IDE system disk and a big SATA drive for swap,
photoshop temp, and TI images of several machines. My backup were
done with TI7 under w2k, disk-to-disk. The restoration was done by
booting from the TI7 CDROM. In otherwords I wasn't booting from the
SATA controller, FWIW.

--
Al Dykes