media player wont play video

wmp 9 wont play any video but will play audio can anyone
help me
3 answers Last reply
More about media player wont play video

    AVI files I presume? And the answer is codecs.

    An uncompressed AVI file can happily be played by Windows Media Player
    without any additional codecs. However it takes up approximately 12GB of
    drive space per hour of footage. Hence 99% of all AVI files, found online
    are compressed. To play these files, you need to know with which codec the
    file was compressed, download and install that codec and then the file will
    play.

    To discover which codec your AVI file was compressed with, download and
    install G-Spot Codec Identifier from http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Once you've found out which codec was used, you'll then have to download and
    install it. The two most popular are xVid and DIVx.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "marc" <marccwy@msn.com> wrote in message
    > wmp 9 wont play any video but will play audio can anyone
    > help me

    I am having the same problem. Widnows Media Player has a
    black screen for all types of files: WMF, MPEG, realmedia,
    quicktime, etc. Nothing shows a picture.
    This started about 2 weeks ago.
    Anyone have an idea?

    I tried the WMP help page but the link to wmptest doesn't
    work.

    I have noticed this same problem and i have found that if you start the
    video and then press CNTRl - ALT - DLT and when it brings up the box
    with the 5 or 6 options on it just press cancel and the video appears
    just fine. this is very weird!

    --
    joshman1204

Video Microsoft Media Player Windows XP