Can someone tell me if these SCSI and IDE HD speeds sound ..

I have a dual Xeon 2.2ghz, running windows 2000 sp3.

1024mb ram,

Atlas 10KII - 18gb, Read 40mb/s, write 8mb/s

Maxtor Diamondplus 9 - 200gb, Read 15mb/s, write 14mb/s

That Scsi write speed seems slow to me. Or is that normal ??

Machine has very little software on it, mainly used for Digital Video
and Flight Simulator !!

Your benchmark is probably broken. The Atlas may no be write caching.

"A_Newsreader" <a_newsreader@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a dual Xeon 2.2ghz, running windows 2000 sp3.
>
> 1024mb ram,
>
> Atlas 10KII - 18gb, Read 40mb/s, write 8mb/s
>
> Maxtor Diamondplus 9 - 200gb, Read 15mb/s, write 14mb/s
>
> That Scsi write speed seems slow to me. Or is that normal ??
>
> Machine has very little software on it, mainly used for Digital Video
> and Flight Simulator !!

Thanks guys for the reply.

I'll take a good look at this later (I know Maxtor do a scsi speed
utility). I'll check with that.

Ta.