PXN File conversion Help

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hello -

I have some old photos of my kids on a zip drive that I took a long time ago
with Logitech ?Pixtura? camera (I believe it was similar to KODAK DIGITAL
SCIENCE DC40, DC50, or DC120 camera).

In any case, the software that I used at the time was from PictureWorks
(since aquired by iPix - see http://www.ipix.com/) and called PhotoEnhancer
and PhotoNow!. When I aquired the pictures from the camera they were saved
in a file format with a .PXN extention.

I no longer have the camera or the software and I now have about 100MB of
..PXN files and no way to view / convert them. I would really like to
convert these files to jpeg / tiff etc. I contacted ipix some time back and
they were not much help.

Is anyone familiar with this file format / how to convert to jpeg

please... please... if you have any info or leads on this email me at

ps3681@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

ps

Paul Shafer wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I have some old photos of my kids on a zip drive that I took a long time ago
> with Logitech ?Pixtura? camera (I believe it was similar to KODAK DIGITAL
> SCIENCE DC40, DC50, or DC120 camera).
>
> In any case, the software that I used at the time was from PictureWorks
> (since aquired by iPix - see http://www.ipix.com/) and called PhotoEnhancer
> and PhotoNow!. When I aquired the pictures from the camera they were saved
> in a file format with a .PXN extention.
>
> I no longer have the camera or the software and I now have about 100MB of
> .PXN files and no way to view / convert them. I would really like to
> convert these files to jpeg / tiff etc. I contacted ipix some time back and
> they were not much help.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this file format / how to convert to jpeg
>
> please... please... if you have any info or leads on this email me at
>
> ps3681@yahoo.com
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi...

Know how important sentimental old pictures are, so
I can sympathize...

I believe that pictureworks is (or was) bundled
with Visioneer scanners - it most definitely was with
a model called the one touch.

Perhaps you might find a used one on ebay, that
offers the original software with it?

Take care.

Ken