HELP! can't burn dvd

ok i bought my new computer about a month ago and its an hp with a cd rw dvd rw combo drive..im trying to burn a dvd but windows media player and all the other programs i have will only burn onto a dvd...can anybody please tell me what program to download (free) that will fix this?? if you know PLEASE email me all_star_sandy@hotmail.com Thanks

The PC should have come with third party software.... Roxio, Nero, Sonic
MyDVD or similar.

Which model of HP PC are you referring to here?
www.coribright.com