Selling zip disks

Last response: in Storage
Share
September 4, 2004 8:36:28 PM

I'm going to try and sell an old zip drive and disks on E-bay. I don't want
people to use Norton or something to unerase the old files and view them.
If I use "short format" in the Iomegaware, is the data recoverable? I tried
"long format", and besides taking forever it ruined the disk.

Thanks for any help.

More about : selling zip disks

Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 5, 2004 9:39:29 AM

"Charles" <nospam@goaway.com> wrote:

>I'm going to try and sell an old zip drive and disks on E-bay. I don't want
>people to use Norton or something to unerase the old files and view them.
>If I use "short format" in the Iomegaware, is the data recoverable?

I'm not sure, but I remember reading something from Steve Gibson
(www.grc.com) which said that even a short format would render data
unrecoverable (by any normal means, anyway).

>I tried
>"long format", and besides taking forever it ruined the disk.

That means that there is more than likely something wrong with the
drive. You should mention that when selling it. A good drive would
probably still be able to format that disk successfully.
!