Selling zip disks

I'm going to try and sell an old zip drive and disks on E-bay. I don't want
people to use Norton or something to unerase the old files and view them.
If I use "short format" in the Iomegaware, is the data recoverable? I tried
"long format", and besides taking forever it ruined the disk.

Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about selling disks

    "Charles" <nospam@goaway.com> wrote:

    >I'm going to try and sell an old zip drive and disks on E-bay. I don't want
    >people to use Norton or something to unerase the old files and view them.
    >If I use "short format" in the Iomegaware, is the data recoverable?

    I'm not sure, but I remember reading something from Steve Gibson
    (www.grc.com) which said that even a short format would render data
    unrecoverable (by any normal means, anyway).

    >I tried
    >"long format", and besides taking forever it ruined the disk.

    That means that there is more than likely something wrong with the
    drive. You should mention that when selling it. A good drive would
    probably still be able to format that disk successfully.

Format Storage