Question about Seagate Warranty service

My one month old Seagate 80GB hard drive recently became quite noisy, unlike
my WD and another Seagate whose spinning sound I can barely hear, this one
generates a very unpleasant sound like something is hitting the platter.
Otherwise, all applications I run have no problem so far. I am considering
to send it back to Seagate and have two related questions:

(1) If I return this, will Seagate replace it with a new hard drive? I used
to buy one refurnished Seagate 80 GB at CompUSA. It is cheap but it also has
a noise 10 times higher than normal one. I had to retire that one after two
weeks because I can't stand it and bought only retail hard drives since.

(2) What is the cheapest way to send it back to Seagate? Do I have to use
UPS or FedEx, or regular Parcel at Post Office is sufficient?

Thanks,

Ar Q
1 answer Last reply
More about question seagate warranty service

    I would assume that Seagate would send you a refurbished drive as a
    replacement.
    If they did not have any refurbished, then they would send you a new drive.

    "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    > My one month old Seagate 80GB hard drive recently became quite noisy,
    > unlike
    > my WD and another Seagate whose spinning sound I can barely hear, this one
    > generates a very unpleasant sound like something is hitting the platter.
    > Otherwise, all applications I run have no problem so far. I am considering
    > to send it back to Seagate and have two related questions:
    >
    > (1) If I return this, will Seagate replace it with a new hard drive? I
    > used
    > to buy one refurnished Seagate 80 GB at CompUSA. It is cheap but it also
    > has
    > a noise 10 times higher than normal one. I had to retire that one after
    > two
    > weeks because I can't stand it and bought only retail hard drives since.
    >
    > (2) What is the cheapest way to send it back to Seagate? Do I have to use
    > UPS or FedEx, or regular Parcel at Post Office is sufficient?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ar Q

Hard Drives Seagate Storage