Estonian Clickjacking Ring Totally Busted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can pretty much be done in the command line, honestly it was a semi inventive way to make a bit of cash, sure people were a bit annoyed at the so called malware but still, it didn't infect files nor did it take credit card information.

Surely this must be a slap on the wrist type of offense

Couldn't there prosecution have been prevented if they put up a small flier on there landing page saying "you agree that by visiting this site that the site owners cannot be held responsible for anything downloaded, etc etc etc." (bad wording, but im not a lawyer...)

a sandwhich

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I am pretty sure I got this. Or something like it. Everytime I clicked a link it would redirect me somewhere. I just removed that old vista partition and got on with my life.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I wonder why these con artists would clickjack iTunes Apple users? They are the smartest bunch of the IT flock. Obviously they would have erased the malware instantly! ......... Right?

What is interesting is that there is no mention of the time frame when all this happened. They finally got busted, but when? they started off with this DNS Changer thingy from the Idiots book of blah blah blah but when? and how long did it take them make the 14Million greens? how long did it take them to infect the 4Million rigs and the 500,000 geeks?

sa1nt

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
[citation][nom]scrumworks[/nom]Typical Estonian. Bunch of crooks whole nation.[/citation]
All names and surnames are russian they just had estonian nationality.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
they should have patented the scheme, sold the info to the AV makers and live off the licensing fees they charge for each AV license sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.