GPRS & CSD - I can't get them to work!!! (Siemens S56)

Last response: in Network Providers
May 30, 2004 3:24:42 PM

Can anyone offer some advise as to how to get my GPRS and CSD
connections working?

I am using a Siemens S56 on Cingular Wireless.

Everytime I try to download a file I get a " GPRS connection failure"
message.

If I try to go CSD, the phone just makes beeping noises and then I get
a "CSD connection failure" message.

I tried asking the operator at Cingular, and they were completely
clueless. So I'm turing here for advice.

Thanks in advance,
Marc A. Leckstein
May 31, 2004 1:16:51 AM

"Marc A. Leckstein" <mleckstein@monmouth.com> wrote:

> Everytime I try to download a file I get a " GPRS connection failure"
> message.

What data plan are your subscribed to?

> If I try to go CSD, the phone just makes beeping noises and then I get
> a "CSD connection failure" message.

Do you have CSD capability added to your account? You don't get that
automatically.

---
MD
!