Looking for some help with partition magic merging free sp..

Hi there,
I am looking for a new group, where I find some answers to the following
question.

I have some spare space left on the hard disk with I partitioned yesterday.
I indented then to merge that partition to an existing drive.
Whether I resized or merge I ended up with an unpartitioned space???
Partition I want to merge the part of the extended partition, in this case I
want to merge drive k and O.
drive k doesn't contain any data.
Ps: I use partition magic 7.0 on win 2k machine fat32.
Any hints are much appreciated.

Kind regards
Norman

"Norman Fritag" <muenchr@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I am looking for a new group, where I find some answers to the following
> question.
>
> I have some spare space left on the hard disk with I partitioned
> yesterday.
> I indented then to merge that partition to an existing drive.
> Whether I resized or merge I ended up with an unpartitioned space???
> Partition I want to merge the part of the extended partition, in this case
> want to merge drive k and O.
> drive k doesn't contain any data.
> Ps: I use partition magic 7.0 on win 2k machine fat32.
> Any hints are much appreciated.
>
> Kind regards
> Norman

How big is your drive?
What size partitions are you creating?
How much spaced is left unused?

I use PM8.01. I have a secondary 250Gb drive split into 2 partitions. For
some reason
there is a 7.8Mb block unallocated at the beginning. (As I have so many
Gb's to play I can afford to lose a few Mb's!).

I recall it happening on other PC's with various size drives.

I think the amount of space avaiable for use depends on the disk
architecture. All quite complicated stuff unless your a real techie!

So unless you are losing tons of space its probably not worth thinking
about.

HTH

Ian

think it depends on