zoom for Nikon 100

I am looking for a 18-? zoom for my digital nikon. I am currently using my
older Nikon 35-135 zoom but with the conversion factor, it's not wide
enough. Suggestions??

Can one get the lens that ships with the D70? How is it?

ECL wrote:

> I am looking for a 18-? zoom for my digital nikon. I am currently using my
> older Nikon 35-135 zoom but with the conversion factor, it's not wide
> enough. Suggestions??
>
> Can one get the lens that ships with the D70? How is it?

Forget the zoom and buy a sigma ex 20 mm f 1.8
I bought one for my canon 10 d, and it opens up the world of low light
wide angle photography, yes you can buy sharper lenses, but this lens
takes pictures when you super sharp zoom is useless, it has to be tried
in low light to be credited,
given the pictures I would have never taken it was worth double the money.
My canon 17-40 could only manage .3 seconds at asa 800 at a indoor
swimming contest where flash is banned, someone offered me a go of his
sigma 20 mm, as a lens snob I agreed.
same shot iso 200, 30 th of a second, got the shot, wow
non of the canon zooms came out,
staight to the shop, and swapped it
now use leg zooming up to 28 mm

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

> > ECL wrote:
> >
> > > I am looking for a 18-? zoom for my digital nikon. I am currently
using my
> > > older Nikon 35-135 zoom but with the conversion factor, it's not wide
> > > enough. Suggestions??
> > >
> > > Can one get the lens that ships with the D70? How is it?
> > >

> > Forget the zoom and buy a sigma ex 20 mm f 1.8
> > I bought one for my canon 10 d, and it opens up the world of low light
> > wide angle photography, yes you can buy sharper lenses, but this lens
> > takes pictures when you super sharp zoom is useless, it has to be tried
> > in low light to be credited,
> > given the pictures I would have never taken it was worth double the
money.
> > My canon 17-40 could only manage .3 seconds at asa 800 at a indoor
> > swimming contest where flash is banned, someone offered me a go of his
> > sigma 20 mm, as a lens snob I agreed.
> > same shot iso 200, 30 th of a second, got the shot, wow
> > non of the canon zooms came out,
> > staight to the shop, and swapped it
> > now use leg zooming up to 28 mm
>
> I agree about the Sigma lenses being superior to the Nikkors or the
> Canons. Not only do the Sigma lenses have superior optics, but the
> Nikkor lenses were designed to work for the Nikon film bodies. They do
> not work as well with the digital SLR bodies. All kinds of metering
> and focus problems. The OP can avoid all of this nonsense by selling
> the shitty Nikon DSLR body and buying a Sigma SD10, and some Sigma
> lenses. Sigma digital cameras contain the highly superior Foveon
> images sensor which is the only sensor that records images in 3 colour
> layers like film.

I have Sigma and Nikon lenses which work perfectly well on a Fuji S2 Pro.
However, I would not touch a Sigma camera with a barge-pole now that Mr
Preddius or whatever he is calling himself this week has made such silly and
baseless statements about it. To me that is the mark of a man who has
bought a lemon and has to save face by justifying it in any way he can.
Dennis

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Dennis Bradley <dennis@no_spam_please_dbradley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> "Georges Preddivous" <preddivous@aemail4u.com> wrote in message
> > Mark Spacey <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> using my

> > > Forget the zoom and buy a sigma ex 20 mm f 1.8
> > > I bought one for my canon 10 d, and it opens up the world of low light
> > > wide angle photography, yes you can buy sharper lenses, but this lens
> > > takes pictures when you super sharp zoom is useless, it has to be tried
> > > in low light to be credited,
> > > given the pictures I would have never taken it was worth double the
> money.
> > > My canon 17-40 could only manage .3 seconds at asa 800 at a indoor
> > > swimming contest where flash is banned, someone offered me a go of his
> > > sigma 20 mm, as a lens snob I agreed.
> > > same shot iso 200, 30 th of a second, got the shot, wow
> > > non of the canon zooms came out,
> > > staight to the shop, and swapped it
> > > now use leg zooming up to 28 mm
> >
> > I agree about the Sigma lenses being superior to the Nikkors or the
> > Canons. Not only do the Sigma lenses have superior optics, but the
> > Nikkor lenses were designed to work for the Nikon film bodies. They do
> > not work as well with the digital SLR bodies. All kinds of metering
> > and focus problems. The OP can avoid all of this nonsense by selling
> > the shitty Nikon DSLR body and buying a Sigma SD10, and some Sigma
> > lenses. Sigma digital cameras contain the highly superior Foveon
> > images sensor which is the only sensor that records images in 3 colour
> > layers like film.
>
> I have Sigma and Nikon lenses which work perfectly well on a Fuji S2 Pro.
> However, I would not touch a Sigma camera with a barge-pole now that Mr
> Preddius or whatever he is calling himself this week has made such silly and
> baseless statements about it. To me that is the mark of a man who has
> bought a lemon and has to save face by justifying it in any way he can.
> Dennis

Come on he is not a man, he is dummy with a broken record player for voicebox.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++

Georges Preddivous wrote:

> I agree about the Sigma lenses being superior to the Nikkors or the
> Canons. Not only do the Sigma lenses have superior optics, but the
> Nikkor lenses were designed to work for the Nikon film bodies. They do
> not work as well with the digital SLR bodies. All kinds of metering
> and focus problems. The OP can avoid all of this nonsense by selling
> the shitty Nikon DSLR body and buying a Sigma SD10, and some Sigma
> lenses. Sigma digital cameras contain the highly superior Foveon
> images sensor which is the only sensor that records images in 3 colour
> layers like film.

This message brought to you by Georges Preddivous, Sales rep for Sigma
aka Junk.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Georges Preddivous wrote:
> >
> > I agree about the Sigma lenses being superior to the Nikkors or the
> > Canons. Not only do the Sigma lenses have superior optics, but the
> > Nikkor lenses were designed to work for the Nikon film bodies. They do
> > not work as well with the digital SLR bodies. All kinds of metering
> > and focus problems. The OP can avoid all of this nonsense by selling
> > the shitty Nikon DSLR body and buying a Sigma SD10, and some Sigma
> > lenses. Sigma digital cameras contain the highly superior Foveon
> > images sensor which is the only sensor that records images in 3 colour
> > layers like film.
>
> This message brought to you by Georges Preddivous, Sales rep for Sigma
> aka Junk.
>
> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

There is a Sigma 18-50mm zoom which is designed for digital SLRs, which
seems very cheap - I only noticed it 'cos I was looking for a 18/20mm to
35/40mm range zoom for my Nikon F80 film camera. Thought I'd found a
bargain - till I read the 'only for digital cameras, will cause vignetting
on a film SLR'.

Joe

18-70 mm it's an average lens works quite well, fast focus...
I also bought the 28-200 Nikon made lens much slower to focus
suggest 20-300 Tamron instead... Joe

ECL wrote:
> I am looking for a 18-? zoom for my digital nikon. I am currently using my
> older Nikon 35-135 zoom but with the conversion factor, it's not wide
> enough. Suggestions??
>
> Can one get the lens that ships with the D70? How is it?

TRENDING THREADS