Gabe Newell Quits Valve Software for Folk Music Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

General

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> "In an extraordinary turn of events, Gabe Newell (CEO of Valve Software)
> has left the gaming industry to go on tour with his 3 piece folk-rock
> band, "Left of the Dealer". "
>
> http://www.igniq.com/2005/03/gabe-newell-from-half-life-to-folk.html
>
> rms

I am wondering, is the demo for his new album going to be out in 2 weeks ,
oh wait, nope next year...oh no, not next year I meant the year after that.
hehehehehhe

In article <pp13e.16712$DW.14484@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
rsquires@flashREMOVE.net (rms) wrote:

> "Left of the Dealer"

Try as I might I can't make that an anagram of "April Fool". But I'll give
it 6 out of 10 for effort ;-)

Andrew McP

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> "In an extraordinary turn of events, Gabe Newell (CEO of Valve Software)
has
> left the gaming industry to go on tour with his 3 piece folk-rock band,
> "Left of the Dealer". "
>
> http://www.igniq.com/2005/03/gabe-newell-from-half-life-to-folk.html
>
> rms

:)

vinCe

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"rms" wrote
> "In an extraordinary turn of events, Gabe Newell (CEO of Valve Software)
> has left the gaming industry to go on tour with his 3 piece folk-rock
> band, "Left of the Dealer". "

> http://www.igniq.com/2005/03/gabe-newell-from-half-life-to-folk.html

DiFool has won.

Pity he's not around to enjoy it.

Did Gabe mention what technology will be used to publish his songs?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> I am wondering, is the demo for his new album going to be out in 2 weeks ,
> oh wait, nope next year...oh no, not next year I meant the year after
> that. hehehehehhe

I hear they hacked into his computer and stole all the MP3 versions of his
music. There's an alpha-build of his album floating around on the Net. ;)

- f_f