Help! LCD monitor's and 3D gaming

Hello,
I am considering buying a LCD flat panel monitor to
replace my old CRT one. I wanted to ask the gamers out
there about response time, most 19" monitors have 25ms
response. I was wondering if a monitor has an overall
response of 25ms , but its exact specs are 15ms (R) and
10ms (F) does that make a difference than 25ms period?

How important is it to get under 25ms for an LCD? I like
to use my computer for the latest games..and dont want to
make a bad purchase for what I want the monitor to be able
to do.
Thanks for all responses.
Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about help monitor gaming

    the lower the response time the faster the monitor follows the action.
    I have a NEC 1760NX which has a response time of 17ms and it is great for DVD's
    and most games ..BUT
    there are a few newer games that have a slight blur or stop motion type action
    as I play the game.
    Take a good look before you buy an LCD...the newer models have a lower response
    time 15/16ms.
    Other than that I love the unit!!
    peter
    "Dan R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I am considering buying a LCD flat panel monitor to
    > replace my old CRT one. I wanted to ask the gamers out
    > there about response time, most 19" monitors have 25ms
    > response. I was wondering if a monitor has an overall
    > response of 25ms , but its exact specs are 15ms (R) and
    > 10ms (F) does that make a difference than 25ms period?
    >
    > How important is it to get under 25ms for an LCD? I like
    > to use my computer for the latest games..and dont want to
    > make a bad purchase for what I want the monitor to be able
    > to do.
    > Thanks for all responses.
    > Dan

Video LCD Monitor Monitors Windows XP