Windows Media Player 10 Technical Beta

June 2, 2004 2:11:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Help test the next version of Windows Media Player, and please send any
feedback to the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta which the team
will be monitoring.

This technical beta is being released to provide enthusiasts and early
adopters of digital media technology the opportunity to test the release and
give us critical feedback to help us ensure a high-quality release of the
media player, which will ship later this year. It is important to note that
the player is still under development and at this stage is not intended for
mass consumer adoption.

This test release of our popular all-in-one player builds on the design
accomplishments and feature set of the Windows Media Player 9 Series, with
the goal of providing the best experience for discovering, playing and
taking digital media anywhere. To this end, the technical beta of Windows
Media Player 10 includes the following new and improved features:

Ø Sleek new design. Windows Media Player 10 technical beta sports a
simple, clean user interface that has a fresh new "look and feel" and
enables fast access to top Player tasks. The most important Player features
are now also available directly in the media library, enabling users to
accomplish key digital media tasks all in one convenient place, while
browsing the library.

Ø Choice of online stores. Available from directly within the Player,
we are testing a new concept currently called the "Digital Media Mall" that
offers a selection of online music stores and video services that work
seamlessly in the Player.

Ø Enhanced device support. Our goal with the Windows Media Player 10
will ultimately be to continue to provide support for the broadest range of
digital music devices. This test release introduces a number of new
capabilities:

ü Support for a new feature called Auto Sync that enables the seamless
and automatic synchronization of music, video, photos --and even recorded
television-- to supported portable devices.

ü Support for subscription-based content via next-generation Windows
Media Digital Rights Management (code named "Janus"). New devices will be
coming that support this new DRM that enable a "fill-it-up" model for
subscription-based content.

ü Full support for the soon-to-be-released, Portable Media Center
(PMC). With Windows Media Player 10, all the digital media data types that
are supported on the PMC can be automatically synched to that device via
Auto Sync, including entire music libraries, photos, music videos, Photo
Stories & home videos, recorded television, Movie Maker files. And any
content purchased from online stores and services in the Digital Media Mall.

Ø All-in-one Smart Jukebox features. Windows Media Player 10
technical beta builds on the all of the powerful features in Windows Media
Player 9 Series delivering fast and flexible playback, unmatched audio and
video quality, and many other "smart jukebox" features.

The Player is a key component of the new foundation Microsoft is building to
enable the best end-to-end consumer experience to discover, play, and
transport digital media easily around the home or on the go. The Windows
Media Player 10 technical beta does not yet include all features to be
available at final release. The final, fully featured version of Windows
Media Player 10 will be available later this year.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/defa...
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 11:12:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Download AlbumFamiy software at http://www.albumsfamily.com to help you
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 8:42:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Any WMP10 SDK available?

"Matt Calder [MSFT]" <matca@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Stories & home videos, recorded television, Movie Maker files. And any
> content purchased from online stores and services in the Digital Media Mall.
>

> Ø All-in-one Smart Jukebox features. Windows Media Player 10
> technical beta builds on the all of the powerful features in Windows Media
> Player 9 Series delivering fast and flexible playback, unmatched audio and
> video quality, and many other "smart jukebox" features.
>
> The Player is a key component of the new foundation Microsoft is building to
> enable the best end-to-end consumer experience to discover, play, and
> transport digital media easily around the home or on the go. The Windows
> Media Player 10 technical beta does not yet include all features to be
> available at final release. The final, fully featured version of Windows
> Media Player 10 will be available later this year.

---
June 3, 2004 8:42:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Yes.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/deve...

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"Taurus Sun" <ccysun@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> [...]
Mall.

> > Ø All-in-one Smart Jukebox features. Windows Media Player 10
> > technical beta builds on the all of the powerful features in Windows
Media
> > Player 9 Series delivering fast and flexible playback, unmatched audio
and
> > video quality, and many other "smart jukebox" features.
> >
> > The Player is a key component of the new foundation Microsoft is
building to
> > enable the best end-to-end consumer experience to discover, play, and
> > transport digital media easily around the home or on the go. The
Windows
> > Media Player 10 technical beta does not yet include all features to be
> > available at final release. The final, fully featured version of Windows
> > Media Player 10 will be available later this year.

June 3, 2004 9:03:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I cannot access the beta newsgroup using Outlook Express. I can see it
using the web reader at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community...

I can access the other windowsmedia groups using OE configured with
msnews.microsoft.com, but not the beta group. I can see the beta group, but
no messages download. Anyone else have this problem?

-Lane

"Matt Calder [MSFT]" <matca@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help test the next version of Windows Media Player, and please send any
> feedback to the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta which the
team
> will be monitoring.

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 9:03:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

This was fixed today. Reset your newsgroup list and try again.

--
"Lane" <Lester98@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o Vqy84aSEHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I cannot access the beta newsgroup using Outlook Express. I can see it
> using the web reader at

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community...

> I can access the other windowsmedia groups using OE configured with
> msnews.microsoft.com, but not the beta group. I can see the beta group,
but
> no messages download. Anyone else have this problem?
>
> -Lane
>
> "Matt Calder [MSFT]" <matca@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help test the next version of Windows Media Player, and please send any
> > feedback to the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta which the
> team
> > will be monitoring.

June 3, 2004 10:10:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Thanks Chris... I'm good to go now :-)

-Lane

news:o DPFMAbSEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!