black and white.

June 2, 2004 10:11:02 PM

I connected my laptop to my tv thru s-video out, but the pictures are in black and white.
how can I solve the problem?
thank yoi

More about : black white

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2004 2:29:51 AM

Usually it's a PAL vs NTSC error... are you in a PAL country? Are you
connecting with some kind of S-Video to SCART connection?
www.coribright.com

"luis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I connected my laptop to my tv thru s-video out, but the pictures are in
black and white.
> how can I solve the problem?
> thank yoi
June 4, 2004 3:16:05 PM

yes I'm in pal country and I'm connecting with s-video to scart.
how can I solve the problem?
Thank you, your help very much appreciated.
a b D Laptop
June 4, 2004 3:26:19 PM

Check if your TV accepts an NTSC signal via SCART. Most TVs manufactured
since the early 1990s should do.

> yes I'm in pal country and I'm connecting with s-video to scart.
> how can I solve the problem?
> Thank you, your help very much appreciated.
June 4, 2004 9:36:02 PM

My telly should do because is brand new+is pal not ntsc because I'm in europe.
Thank you
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 5, 2004 1:46:09 PM

You may need a scart convertor, which properly deals with the s-video
signal, which sends a different set of signals than composite. Do you have
any other output you can use from the laptop? Are you using the cable that
came with the laptop to connect to the scart?
Graham
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> My telly should do because is brand new+is pal not ntsc because I'm in
europe.
> Thank you
June 5, 2004 10:01:03 PM

Actualli I just bught a new s-video to scart cable, the manifacturer did not give to me any.
All the available autput are s-video, USB,parallel port for ehternal monitoror printer
Thank you.

!