Error 80040707

When I recently re-formatted my computer I tried to re-install my drivers. My Radeon 9700 wasn't detected so I went on to try and re-install the thing. I get an error when I try to set-up that says Error 80040707. I downloaded new Windows Updates and even a download from dell to find the problem, but nothing is helping. Any ideas or general help will be appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about error 80040707

    Cowtown Wrote:

    > When I recently re-formatted my computer I tried to re-install my
    > drivers. My Radeon 9700 wasn't detected so I went on to try and
    > re-install the thing. I get an error when I try to set-up that says
    > Error 80040707. I downloaded new Windows Updates and ev
    > en a download from dell to find the problem, but nothing is helping.
    > Any ideas or general help will be appreciated!

    I am having the same problem with new drivers for my Radeon 8500DV -
    and getting the 80040707 error. I have seen postings from someone
    trying to install Motorola software and was told by their tech support
    that this is a "well documented problem on Microsoft's site". I went
    to Microsoft and searched and got no hits on 80040707 so I don't know
    where it is - that should have brought back anything with that number
    and 0 hits. Good luck on finding an answer!

    --
    andersons

Video Windows XP