When I recently re-formatted my computer I tried to re-install my drivers. My Radeon 9700 wasn't detected so I went on to try and re-install the thing. I get an error when I try to set-up that says Error 80040707. I downloaded new Windows Updates and even a download from dell to find the problem, but nothing is helping. Any ideas or general help will be appreciated!

Cowtown Wrote:

> When I recently re-formatted my computer I tried to re-install my
> drivers. My Radeon 9700 wasn't detected so I went on to try and
> re-install the thing. I get an error when I try to set-up that says
> Error 80040707. I downloaded new Windows Updates and ev
> en a download from dell to find the problem, but nothing is helping.
> Any ideas or general help will be appreciated!

I am having the same problem with new drivers for my Radeon 8500DV -
and getting the 80040707 error. I have seen postings from someone
trying to install Motorola software and was told by their tech support
that this is a "well documented problem on Microsoft's site". I went
to Microsoft and searched and got no hits on 80040707 so I don't know
where it is - that should have brought back anything with that number
and 0 hits. Good luck on finding an answer!

--
andersons