Installing multiple operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
hello..
i am running a computer with windows7 64 ultimate..

i am still playing some older games like starcraft..

starcraft seems to have a problem with 64 bit operating systems. and multiple cores.

so my solution to this would be to install in addition to windows7, a windows xp...

is this do-able?

i have a spare 80gb drive that i could do the instalation on..
i just dont know how to have it set up to give the the option of which os to boot from..

Solution
Also, you can dual boot with XP and windows 7. I use a program called Easy BCD, which lets you play with the boot options, you'll have to fiddle with it somewhat to get both to boot, but it's pretty easy to use. Install the drive for XP, install it, dl Easy BCD, install that, load it up and fix your boot options.<G>
Also, you can dual boot with XP and windows 7. I use a program called Easy BCD, which lets you play with the boot options, you'll have to fiddle with it somewhat to get both to boot, but it's pretty easy to use. Install the drive for XP, install it, dl Easy BCD, install that, load it up and fix your boot options.<G>

Solution

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
(tank) i have to use compatibility settings for xp sp3 inorder for it to work at all.
starcraft support strictly says sc is not compatiable with windows vista/7.
i also play alot of other old games like, mechwarrior, diablo1-2, and others..
and these games often have a hard time with win7 also..

(jossrik)
ok so i have my win7 on a 500gb sata drive..
i should first unplug the hdd.
than plug in the spare 80gb drive that i will be installing win xp on.
finish the installation and drivers ect..
once i am done installing xp.
i then reattach the sata connector for my 500gb (win7) and make it the default boot device..

only then do i use Easy BCD on my windows 7 os. and try and set it up??

i remember with xp and prior os it would give the option during boot to select which one..
it that basically what easy bcd will do?

Status
Not open for further replies.