Automated DVD Creation needed

ingot

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2004

Greetings!

I'm hoping someone here can give me advice...

Our operation generates around 50gig of Data a month, spread around the
network on 5-6 computers. Each month we burn all this data to DVD, 2 copies
of each. One copy is for archiving, the other for off-site processing. The
contractor
doing the processing is geared up for DVD's not tapes.

Until recently, the data was only around 20gig, and I burned it manually, on
an internal DVDR. Now, with the increase (and the amount is only going to
go up...) I'm looking to automate it as much as possible.

I'm looking at the Primera Bravo II, but am finding it hard to get anwers
from
anyone.

I would like to be able to point the software to a directory on our network,
and tell it to burn two copies of all the data, using as many disks as
necessary. It's as simple as that. I don't want to spend all my time going
through the data, and picking out specific files to fill the disks.

If I can't have that, the other option would be a system that can be
controlled on the command line. I could write vbscript applications to do
all the measuring and transferring, if I could then burn the disks on a
robotic system with the same script via a command line interface.

Can anyone here give me hints about which way I should be heading with this?
What hardware/software should I be looking at, and who can I talk to to get
answers?

Ingot

"Ingot" <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote in message
> Greetings!
>
> I'm hoping someone here can give me advice...
>
> Our operation generates around 50gig of Data a month, spread around the
> network on 5-6 computers. Each month we burn all this data to DVD, 2
copies
> of each. One copy is for archiving, the other for off-site processing.
The
> contractor
> doing the processing is geared up for DVD's not tapes.
>
> Until recently, the data was only around 20gig, and I burned it manually,
on
> an internal DVDR. Now, with the increase (and the amount is only going to
> go up...) I'm looking to automate it as much as possible.
>
> I'm looking at the Primera Bravo II, but am finding it hard to get anwers
> from
> anyone.

A program like DriveImage could be scheduled to collect the data onto one
HD.

I use DI to collect 20GByes from 2 PC overnight and put it onto one external
USB 2.0 hard drive in 4GByte chunks. It runs every night. Once a month I
burn the data from the HD to to DVDs.