Direct X Problem...

Ok, i searched everywhere in the Microsoft sight for this with no luck (as usual...), but somehow my system is using a generic video driver instead of the usual Direct X (version 9.0b). I can tell this because scrolling and moving windows on the desktop is much more sluggish than usual, and in the "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" program (under the "Display" tab), it says that DirectX acceleration is not available and that the system is using a generic video driver. I've already installed DirectX again and restarted but I cant get the system to recognize the driver. Is there any way to fix this??

Download and install updated graphics drivers from your graphics card
manufacturer's website.
www.coribright.com