ieee 1394 firewire card

Help !!!

I have installed a ieee 1394 firewire card for my digicam, but XP has
recognised it as a network device. Is this correct.

I had the device installed before, but then my PC crashed and had to be
reformatted. Since then it doesn't recognise this device or my Sharp
VL-Z1 digicam which is plugged into it.
--
clash

You can network via firewire just as you can network via Ethernet. If you
don't like it in the My Network Properties, just right click the firewire
entry and disable it.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"clash" <clash.17cd2a@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> Help !!!
>
> I have installed a ieee 1394 firewire card for my digicam, but XP has
> recognised it as a network device. Is this correct.
>
> I had the device installed before, but then my PC crashed and had to be
> reformatted. Since then it doesn't recognise this device or my Sharp
> VL-Z1 digicam which is plugged into it.
> --
> clash

I have diabled the f/w, but how can I get it to work as just a f/w for
my cam.

Is there a way to stop XP recognising it as a network card and to
recognise it for what it was bought for a f/w for my cam.

Cheers
--
clash

Is it the cam not being recognised whern you connect it?
If not.
1. Uninstall card from device manager.
2. turn off pc and remove card.
3. reboot pc.
4. turn off pc.
5. install card, try a different pci slot if available.
6. turn on pc. let it find drivers and then attach cam and see if it works.
If not, repeat above to number 5 anmd tehn instead of 6 use 7 and 8.
7. attach cam, turned on and in vcr position.
8. turn pc on and let it install the drivers, hopefully with the cam already
connected then it will recognise it straight away.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"clash" <clash.17daea@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> I have diabled the f/w, but how can I get it to work as just a f/w for
> my cam.
>
> Is there a way to stop XP recognising it as a network card and to
> recognise it for what it was bought for a f/w for my cam.
>
> Cheers
> --
> clash

thanks for the help

Tried all that you adviced but still nothing, I don't understand how
the device is showing in device manager as a network adaptor and an
IEEE 1394 Bus host controller.

Have you any ideas ?
--
clash

It will show up in both places because it can do both jobs, this is nothing
to worry about.
Do you get the xp ping - found new hardware when connecting the cam?
Can you test the cam and cable in another pc that you know works, to test
the items, or try another cable and cam that you know works, in your pc?
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"clash" <clash.17dlib@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> thanks for the help
>
> Tried all that you adviced but still nothing, I don't understand how
> the device is showing in device manager as a network adaptor and an
> IEEE 1394 Bus host controller.
>
> Have you any ideas ?
> --
> clash

grtting no XP ping, I'll have to get a friends PC to see if my cable or
cam is broke.

Cheers
--
clash

Tried another PC that I knew the F/W was working ....Nothing.

I'll try Maplans tomorrow for a new 6/4 f/w.

If it's not that it's the cam & thank god it's still in warranty.

cheers for the help m8.
--
clash

TRENDING THREADS