Can not get Internet pages to view over network

I am having a problem viewing internet pages through the network. The Laptop
is a Toshiba M30 Centreno Processor with built in wireless capabilities
running on WINXPPRO. I have configured the conputer to conect to the network
via a Cico acess point and can see all the network with out any problems.
When I go to view Internet Explorer all I get is the message "Internet
Explorer could not open the search page" I can ping the address and get
replies I have entred the connection page and it shows that there is a
connection. I can even enter the IP address for webpages in the URL and the
web address apears in the URL but there is nothing in the browser except.
"The web Page cannot be displayed". As the computer is connected to the
network I should be able to gain access to the net. The wireless access point
is connected directly to the router please help before i tear all my hair out
with this one.
--
regards cwjones

I have come to realise also that I am able to connect and recieve Internet
pages whilst connected through a dial up connection.