What drivers you need for a single SATA Boot Drive (INTEL ..

Hi,

sounds like a silly question, but I only have used RAID-0 so now I am
testing with a single SATA disk I'm not sure what to do?

Using an INTEL based motherboard (ABIT AI7).

If I try ther F6 method I am greeted by these choices:

iaStor_ICH6R = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller"

iaStor_ICH5R = "Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller"

iaStor_ICH5RHR = "Intel(R) 6300ESB SATA RAID Controller"

I'm not using RAID, but do I still have to select the "Intel(R) 82801ER SATA
RAID Controller" option? I have done this already but when I got into
windows it says I have the Intel(R) 82801EB and the drive was acting
weirdly?

I may haver a dodgy HDD or cable but I just thought I would double-check the
correct way to do this. .

Thanks
--
Wayne ][
1 answer Last reply

    "Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If I try ther F6 method I am greeted by these choices:

    Are you referring to Windows Setup?

    The F6 message reads "if you *need* to load RAID"

    If you are not using RAID, then don't press F6.

SATA Controller Intel NAS / RAID Storage