MM2 downloading video from camera in DVAVI problem

Whenever I attempt to download video from my miniDV
camera to my PC with MM2, I get the following error:

"The specificed video device is not responding. Verify
that the device is connected properly and turned on, and
then try capturing again."

I hit "ok" and get the following:
"Capture interrupted, could not complete successfully."

Meanwhile, the MM2 rewinds and starts the video playback
on my camera. If I attempt to download video in anyother
format, it works without a problem. It just will not
work with DVAVI format.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I do have Direct X 9.0b

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about downloading video camera dvavi problem

    For some reason this seems to happen from time to time and most people have
    found using windv, a free capture/export app solves the problem for them.
    see here for a link to download it
    http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?t=1165
    Graham
    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "prmdoc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I attempt to download video from my miniDV
    > camera to my PC with MM2, I get the following error:
    >
    > "The specificed video device is not responding. Verify
    > that the device is connected properly and turned on, and
    > then try capturing again."
    >
    > I hit "ok" and get the following:
    > "Capture interrupted, could not complete successfully."
    >
    > Meanwhile, the MM2 rewinds and starts the video playback
    > on my camera. If I attempt to download video in anyother
    > format, it works without a problem. It just will not
    > work with DVAVI format.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > I do have Direct X 9.0b
    >
    > Thanks.