Changing DVD Burner from PIO Mode to DMA Mode

I have a Pioneer A08 DVD Burner that has somehow changed from Ultra DMA mode
4 to PIO mode, and consequently can now only burn a DVD at x2 instead of X12
I have gone to Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \
PRIMARY and SECONDARY IDE CHANNELS \ PROPERTIES \ Advanced menu tab. and
have changed the "transfer mode" to DMA if available but under the "current
transfer mode" it still stays at PIO mode and wont change.
This happened after changing to the latest version of NERO.
How do I "force" this drive back to DMA mode.
2 answers Last reply
More about changing burner mode mode

    >I have a Pioneer A08 DVD Burner that has somehow changed from Ultra DMA mode
    >4 to PIO mode, and consequently can now only burn a DVD at x2 instead of X12
    >I have gone to Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \
    >PRIMARY and SECONDARY IDE CHANNELS \ PROPERTIES \ Advanced menu tab. and
    >have changed the "transfer mode" to DMA if available but under the "current
    >transfer mode" it still stays at PIO mode and wont change.
    >This happened after changing to the latest version of NERO.
    >How do I "force" this drive back to DMA mode.

    >Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \

    Delete the secondary ide channel, reboot, windows will find and reinstall it,
    and it should be in DMA mode...this happens to me when I overclock to the edge
    of sanity and burn Cds. I THINK the errors pile up and windows defends itself
    by switching to PIO, anybody else want to clarify?

    Ski
    "The only way to find out how far is too far...
    is to go there"
    (remove spleen to e-mail)

    Thanks Ski, That worked, thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

    "Ski" <wrenchski@aol.comspleen> wrote in message
    > >I have a Pioneer A08 DVD Burner that has somehow changed from Ultra DMA
    > >mode
    >>4 to PIO mode, and consequently can now only burn a DVD at x2 instead of
    >>X12
    >>I have gone to Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS
    >>\
    >>PRIMARY and SECONDARY IDE CHANNELS \ PROPERTIES \ Advanced menu tab. and
    >>have changed the "transfer mode" to DMA if available but under the
    >>"current
    >>transfer mode" it still stays at PIO mode and wont change.
    >>This happened after changing to the latest version of NERO.
    >>How do I "force" this drive back to DMA mode.
    >
    >>Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \
    >
    > Delete the secondary ide channel, reboot, windows will find and reinstall
    > it,
    > and it should be in DMA mode...this happens to me when I overclock to the
    > edge
    > of sanity and burn Cds. I THINK the errors pile up and windows defends
    > itself
    > by switching to PIO, anybody else want to clarify?
    >

    > Ski
    > "The only way to find out how far is too far...
    > is to go there"
    > (remove spleen to e-mail)

DMA DVD Burner Storage