Changing DVD Burner from PIO Mode to DMA Mode

Last response: in Storage
Share
September 26, 2004 4:02:50 AM

I have a Pioneer A08 DVD Burner that has somehow changed from Ultra DMA mode
4 to PIO mode, and consequently can now only burn a DVD at x2 instead of X12
I have gone to Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \
PRIMARY and SECONDARY IDE CHANNELS \ PROPERTIES \ Advanced menu tab. and
have changed the "transfer mode" to DMA if available but under the "current
transfer mode" it still stays at PIO mode and wont change.
This happened after changing to the latest version of NERO.
How do I "force" this drive back to DMA mode.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 26, 2004 11:45:51 AM

>I have a Pioneer A08 DVD Burner that has somehow changed from Ultra DMA mode
>4 to PIO mode, and consequently can now only burn a DVD at x2 instead of X12
>I have gone to Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \
>PRIMARY and SECONDARY IDE CHANNELS \ PROPERTIES \ Advanced menu tab. and
>have changed the "transfer mode" to DMA if available but under the "current
>transfer mode" it still stays at PIO mode and wont change.
>This happened after changing to the latest version of NERO.
>How do I "force" this drive back to DMA mode.

>Control Panel \ system folder\ IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS \

Delete the secondary ide channel, reboot, windows will find and reinstall it,
and it should be in DMA mode...this happens to me when I overclock to the edge
of sanity and burn Cds. I THINK the errors pile up and windows defends itself
by switching to PIO, anybody else want to clarify?

Ski
"The only way to find out how far is too far...
is to go there"
(remove spleen to e-mail)
September 26, 2004 2:06:14 PM

Thanks Ski, That worked, thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

!