where can I find a connection switcher

firebrick

I remember seeing someone talking about a utility that would see how your
machine is connected and choose the correct connection.
My portable has wifi, cable, and a built-in modem.
The utility would check to see which type of access was available and
automagically use the best/fastest one.
Obviously if the wired and wifi were not available, it would drop down to
the modem.

So was I hallucinating again?

Anyone able to help?

I'll give up my guns when it takes longer for a burglar to shoot than it
does for a cop to get here from a donut shop.

Bill H. in Chicagoland

bar

This should be part of your Internet Explorer setup.

In Internet explorer, look at Tools>Internet Options
Click on the Connections Tab and setup the correct requirements for your PC.

Now stop eating, drinking, smoking or injecting that stuff you used last
night.

"FireBrick" wrote:

> I remember seeing someone talking about a utility that would see how your
> machine is connected and choose the correct connection.
> My portable has wifi, cable, and a built-in modem.
> The utility would check to see which type of access was available and
> automagically use the best/fastest one.
> Obviously if the wired and wifi were not available, it would drop down to
> the modem.
>
> So was I hallucinating again?
>
> Anyone able to help?

> I'll give up my guns when it takes longer for a burglar to shoot than it
> does for a cop to get here from a donut shop.
>
> Bill H. in Chicagoland

firebrick

I've looked at that a dozen times
I just must not understand as I see nothing that says or indicates that it
will automatically switch to a connection type if one is not available.

> This should be part of your Internet Explorer setup.
>
> In Internet explorer, look at Tools>Internet Options
> Click on the Connections Tab and setup the correct requirements for your
> PC.
>
> Now stop eating, drinking, smoking or injecting that stuff you used last
> night.
>

> "FireBrick" wrote:
>
>> I remember seeing someone talking about a utility that would see how your
>> machine is connected and choose the correct connection.
>> My portable has wifi, cable, and a built-in modem.
>> The utility would check to see which type of access was available and
>> automagically use the best/fastest one.
>> Obviously if the wired and wifi were not available, it would drop down to
>> the modem.
>>
>> So was I hallucinating again?
>>
>> Anyone able to help?
>>
>> --

>> I'll give up my guns when it takes longer for a burglar to shoot than it
>> does for a cop to get here from a donut shop.
>>
>> Bill H. in Chicagoland

Pardon my ignorance, but what would the correct requirements consists of?
If you have built-in wireless adapter, shouldn't it automatically look for
the best connection. I have no problem here at home with it connecting up,
but I just got this laptop and haven't had a chance to try it away from home
yet. When I am at a place with known wireless access, how do I make it
connect up with their internet access? Thanks