The rats server

Last response: in Video Games
April 3, 2005 6:54:12 AM

I've heard it mentioned quite a bit on here, does anyone actually play
on it?
Think I've found most of the secrets in Bellas Room - cool map :)

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

More about : rats server

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:34:04 AM

As we speak there are 7 folks kick'n ass on that server... Have you
gotten outside yet???

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:54:12 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

>I've heard it mentioned quite a bit on here, does anyone actually play
>on it?
>Think I've found most of the secrets in Bellas Room - cool map :)

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:15:08 AM

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:34:04 GMT, Cannon Fodder
<gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

>As we speak there are 7 folks kick'n ass on that server... Have you
>gotten outside yet???

Outside of bella's room? yeah easy, quite a few routes :)
Hint: jump into the pram.

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
April 3, 2005 9:15:09 AM

Just checkin' The Rats Cat House is my server... :)

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 05:15:08 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:34:04 GMT, Cannon Fodder
><gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>As we speak there are 7 folks kick'n ass on that server... Have you
>>gotten outside yet???
>>

>Outside of bella's room? yeah easy, quite a few routes :)
>Hint: jump into the pram.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 3:38:32 AM

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Just checkin' The Rats Cat House is my server... :)
>
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 05:15:08 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:34:04 GMT, Cannon Fodder
>><gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>As we speak there are 7 folks kick'n ass on that server... Have you
>>>gotten outside yet???
>>>

>>Outside of bella's room? yeah easy, quite a few routes :)
>>Hint: jump into the pram.

what's a pram? I can't seem to figure it out. ;(

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 3:44:13 AM

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:16:55 GMT, Cannon Fodder
<gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

>HeHe, don't know but he has been playing for 5 hours straight....
>
>On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:05:38 +0100, "rat" <go@way.com> wrote:

Might have a bash in a bit, if you're up for it.
Anyone managed to get into the nest in the tree in bellas_room map
yet?

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

Nope, haven't figured that one out yet... Saw a guy in there yesterday
and toasted him with the crossbow... :)  Asked how he got there and he
quit the game....

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:44:13 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:16:55 GMT, Cannon Fodder
><gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>HeHe, don't know but he has been playing for 5 hours straight....
>>
>>On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:05:38 +0100, "rat" <go@way.com> wrote:
>>

>Might have a bash in a bit, if you're up for it.
>Anyone managed to get into the nest in the tree in bellas_room map
>yet?

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 4:36:02 AM

> Nope, haven't figured that one out yet... Saw a guy in there yesterday
> and toasted him with the crossbow... :)  Asked how he got there and he
> quit the game....
>
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:44:13 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:16:55 GMT, Cannon Fodder
>> <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> HeHe, don't know but he has been playing for 5 hours straight....
>>>
>>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:05:38 +0100, "rat" <go@way.com> wrote:
>>>

>> Might have a bash in a bit, if you're up for it.
>> Anyone managed to get into the nest in the tree in bellas_room map
>> yet?
>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Someone knows, and offered to tell me. I ran Viking as much as possible
to give _____ some leeway. Several times. I was shown pretty much
everything in the great out of doors....except....how to get into the
nest. Right in the middle of another try, the map rotated :(  But that
was Easter Sunday when that went on.
Do you listen to the voice chats CF?

The mapper put it there, and at least one way to do everything in the
maps they created. According to the author that is. Bellas_room_deluxe
is one of the most enjoyable maps I've played. A pair of 4 bod teams
could have some really wonderful urban warfare in that map! I'd enjoy
hosting that one map all day sometime! :)

Ah, I see it just rotated to the kitchen ;)  See ya'll in a while :)
McG.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 4:55:44 AM

"fishy_stink_ho" <mckracker@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Just checkin' The Rats Cat House is my server... :)
> >
> > On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 05:15:08 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

> >>Outside of bella's room? yeah easy, quite a few routes :)
> >>Hint: jump into the pram.
>

> what's a pram? I can't seem to figure it out. ;(

never mind, I didn't have the deluxe version ;|

> > "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> > a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> > who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> > its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> > of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> > our world."

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 5:44:23 AM

I've had several requests so I started another server with Bella's map
only....

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:36:02 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

> I'd enjoy hosting that one map all day sometime! :)
>
>Ah, I see it just rotated to the kitchen ;)  See ya'll in a while :)
>McG.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 7:46:08 AM

> I've had several requests so I started another server with Bella's map
> only....
>
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:36:02 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd enjoy hosting that one map all day sometime! :)
>>
>> Ah, I see it just rotated to the kitchen ;)  See ya'll in a while :)
>> McG.
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Right, ok it's bedtime and I find this post :)  It's ok, we can play
again later. I'll figure out how to run a listen server and get the IP
up...
McG.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 11:55:24 AM

Hey All... I just stumbled on this thread by search for "onesneakymouse"..
I too hope he is well... I was waiting for him maps for HL2, and grew tired
of the wait... so I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a
map. One map turned into two... and then more... Bella's Room is my
daughter's bedroom (not quite as messy) I hope you all enjoy playing it,
and look for the next maps I'm making!

Nomy

April 6, 2005 2:36:15 PM

"NoMaD via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
> Hey All... I just stumbled on this thread by search for
> "onesneakymouse".. I too hope he is well... I was waiting for him
> maps for HL2, and grew tired of the wait... so I decided to take
> matters into my own hands and create a map. One map turned into
> two... and then more... Bella's Room is my daughter's bedroom (not
> quite as messy) I hope you all enjoy playing it, and look for the
> next maps I'm making!
>
> Nomy

Which means you also built dm_bellas_room_deluxe.bsp, right? Great map!
:)
McG.
April 6, 2005 5:34:10 PM

McGrandpa wrote:
> "NoMaD via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hey All... I just stumbled on this thread by search for
>>"onesneakymouse".. I too hope he is well... I was waiting for him
>>maps for HL2, and grew tired of the wait... so I decided to take
>>matters into my own hands and create a map. One map turned into
>>two... and then more... Bella's Room is my daughter's bedroom (not
>>quite as messy) I hope you all enjoy playing it, and look for the
>>next maps I'm making!
>>
>>Nomy
>

> Which means you also built dm_bellas_room_deluxe.bsp, right? Great map!
> :)
> McG.

second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me to
a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but the
resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
Any better hints out there..??

;-)
cheers
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 2:00:28 AM

Excellent map Nomad... probably the best HL2 has produced to this
point... It's strange about Mouse, on Feb 2nd he posted that his
"PrisonRats would be finished in a few day then disappeared.... You
asked for map suggestions on your web site www.nomadmaps.com ... I've
always begged Mouse to create a "SaloonRats" or a "PubRats".. Perhaps
you'll kick the idea around a bit... A JukeBox, Darts, Bowling machine
spittoon, or whatever...

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:55:24 GMT, "NoMaD via GamesKB.com"
<forum@GamesKB.com> wrote:

>Hey All... I just stumbled on this thread by search for "onesneakymouse"..
>I too hope he is well... I was waiting for him maps for HL2, and grew tired
>of the wait... so I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a
>map. One map turned into two... and then more... Bella's Room is my
>daughter's bedroom (not quite as messy) I hope you all enjoy playing it,
>and look for the next maps I'm making!
>
>Nomy

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:16:02 AM

HA!!! Figured out the birds nest..... Preen....

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:28:56 AM

"rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "NoMaD via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hey All... I just stumbled on this thread by search for
>>> "onesneakymouse".. I too hope he is well... I was waiting for him
>>> maps for HL2, and grew tired of the wait... so I decided to take
>>> matters into my own hands and create a map. One map turned into
>>> two... and then more... Bella's Room is my daughter's bedroom (not
>>> quite as messy) I hope you all enjoy playing it, and look for the
>>> next maps I'm making!
>>>
>>> Nomy
>>

>> Which means you also built dm_bellas_room_deluxe.bsp, right? Great
>> map! :)
>> McG.
>>

> second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
> Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me
> to a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but
> the resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
> Any better hints out there..??
>
> ;-)
> cheers

See a ladder running up the wall beside the headboard? See the sideslat
on the bed? Try running toward the foot (and wood bed ladder).... heh!
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:29:59 AM

> HA!!! Figured out the birds nest..... Preen....
>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Ooooohhhh! I'm still workin on it! Darn! Good Job CF!
McG.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:41:31 AM

Easier is to get on the roof of the dolls house and jump into the foot
locker.... Also you can use the GG and toss a couple of the building
blocks onto the ledge by the window, climb on them and jump out...

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:28:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>> second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
>> Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me
>> to a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but
>> the resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
>> Any better hints out there..??
>>
>> ;-)
>> cheers
>
>See a ladder running up the wall beside the headboard? See the sideslat
>on the bed? Try running toward the foot (and wood bed ladder).... heh!

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 4:56:27 AM

> Easier is to get on the roof of the dolls house and jump into the foot
> locker.... Also you can use the GG and toss a couple of the building
> blocks onto the ledge by the window, climb on them and jump out...

Very creative thinking CF :)  Now about that birds nest... ;)
McG.

> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:28:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
>>> Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me
>>> to a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but
>>> the resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
>>> Any better hints out there..??
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>> cheers
>>
>> See a ladder running up the wall beside the headboard? See the
>> sideslat on the bed? Try running toward the foot (and wood bed
>> ladder).... heh!
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."
April 7, 2005 5:15:03 AM

ah.. got it now thanks.. not figured the nest yet tho..

;-)

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Easier is to get on the roof of the dolls house and jump into the foot
> locker.... Also you can use the GG and toss a couple of the building
> blocks onto the ledge by the window, climb on them and jump out...
>
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:28:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
>>> Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me
>>> to a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but
>>> the resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
>>> Any better hints out there..??
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>> cheers
>>
>>See a ladder running up the wall beside the headboard? See the sideslat
>>on the bed? Try running toward the foot (and wood bed ladder).... heh!
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 5:15:04 AM

It's kinda tricky like the toilet in PrisonRats or the Egon room in
RestRoomRats.....

"rat" <go@way.com> wrote in message news:3bjcc9F6h4uibU1@individual.net
> ah.. got it now thanks.. not figured the nest yet tho..
>
> ;-)

Don't feel bad, most of us haven't! I've only seen a very few IN the
nest, and not every day either.
McG.

> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Easier is to get on the roof of the dolls house and jump into the
>> foot locker.... Also you can use the GG and toss a couple of the
>> building blocks onto the ledge by the window, climb on them and jump
>> out... On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:28:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"

>>> See a ladder running up the wall beside the headboard? See the
>>> sideslat on the bed? Try running toward the foot (and wood bed
>>> ladder).... heh!
>>

>> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
>> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
>> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
>> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
>> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
>> our world."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 5:49:37 AM

It's not a great spot to be.... It's hard to see inside the room... Ya
gotta shoot through the broken glass and aim after it passes
through... In the mean time ya get nailed with a crossbow or a
grenade....

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:57:20 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"rat" <go@way.com> wrote in message news:3bjcc9F6h4uibU1@individual.net
>> ah.. got it now thanks.. not figured the nest yet tho..
>>
>> ;-)
>
>Don't feel bad, most of us haven't! I've only seen a very few IN the
>nest, and not every day either.
>McG.
>

>> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> Easier is to get on the roof of the dolls house and jump into the
>>> foot locker.... Also you can use the GG and toss a couple of the
>>> building blocks onto the ledge by the window, climb on them and jump
>>> out... On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:28:56 GMT, "McGrandpa"

>>> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
>>> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
>>> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
>>> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
>>> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
>>> our world."

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 5:59:26 AM

> The CPU map sounds great! Don't forget to use

I want a water cooling system with pipes and all

Fans has to be able to rotate for traps
Heating on the southbridge for damage/trap etc

Obviously you just have to be able to poweron/off
Again electrical traps

OMG I need to dig into the texturing business and I need a digital
camera :-)
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 8:55:03 AM

Hehe... Thanks guys... I've got some more work to do on the CPU map (inside
a computer as a player 6mm tall) and then I'm looking for some more ideas.
Post on my forum (post as guest if you dont want to sign up) I love the
ideas you people come up with!!!
As for the nest... I wont spoil it, but you need to keep your sights up
high, then stick close to the edge (the side that shows my website addy)
Have fun in my daughter's room... WAIT... on second thought, that sounds
too suggestive. ;)

Nomy

April 7, 2005 12:25:56 PM

> Hehe... Thanks guys... I've got some more work to do on the CPU map
> (inside a computer as a player 6mm tall) and then I'm looking for
> some more ideas. Post on my forum (post as guest if you dont want to
> sign up) I love the ideas you people come up with!!!
> As for the nest... I wont spoil it, but you need to keep your sights
> up high, then stick close to the edge (the side that shows my website
> addy) Have fun in my daughter's room... WAIT... on second thought,
> that sounds too suggestive. ;)
>
> Nomy

Fun? What, if we clean it up? ;)  Ha! We sure do make a mess in
there...

Thanks for the maps!!!! The CPU map sounds great! Don't forget to use
either a current Radeon or 6xxx card, and put either Ruby or Nalu (or
Dawn or Dusk!) in there ;)  Gee, lots of opportunity to plug all yer
fave brands too !

McG.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 2:33:48 PM

> This is the kind of help I'm looking for...
> Visit my site and sign up for beta testing...
> I could use you people!!

Hehe you will probably regret giving the offer ;-)

--
http://www.geocities.com/peteraghl/
Anonymous

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The CPU map sounds great! Don't forget to use
>
> I want a water cooling system with pipes and all
>
> Fans has to be able to rotate for traps
> Heating on the southbridge for damage/trap etc
>
> Obviously you just have to be able to poweron/off
> Again electrical traps
>
> OMG I need to dig into the texturing business and I need a digital
> camera :-)

I got a couple of P4's and P3's I can send ya pics of, the insides the
cases? No pics of Ruby but a couple of Nalu! :)  All the cabling ya
need pics of to get textures from...hmm
Yeah, ya need a digital camera Peter :)
McG.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 8:53:35 PM

This is the kind of help I'm looking for... Visit my site and sign up for
beta testing... I could use you people!!

Nomy

April 8, 2005 2:03:25 AM

> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> HA!!! Figured out the birds nest..... Preen....
>>

>> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
>> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
>> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
>> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
>> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
>> our world."
>
> Ooooohhhh! I'm still workin on it! Darn! Good Job CF!
> McG.

Ok, got it now :)  Who'd a thought to go there? Heh!
McG.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 2:40:44 AM

>> This is the kind of help I'm looking for...
>> Visit my site and sign up for beta testing...
>> I could use you people!!
>
> Hehe you will probably regret giving the offer ;-)

Well at the worst we'll have him laughing and throwing things at us :)
McG.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 5:14:31 AM

> Been running yer map for two days now in rotation with
> the rats maps.... Haven't noticed the attendance though....

Yeah saw it yesterday
thnx :-)

Only 1 player on the server though tried to connect and ping was fine
Had the usual problem outside, but that's my laptop
Changed to bellas room afterwards - can't play that map on my laptop -
too open I guess

Nice to have the map runnning abroad
Can I advertise for your server?
You know when trying to stuff my map down the throat on people

http://twhl.co.za/mapvault_map.php?id=2897
http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=1912
http://www.punkassfraggers.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=...;act=SF;f=22

You probably need an account on some or all of the sites

rgds
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 5:15:45 AM

Been running yer map for two days now in rotation with the rats
maps.... Haven't noticed the attendance though....

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:40:44 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This is the kind of help I'm looking for...
>>> Visit my site and sign up for beta testing...
>>> I could use you people!!
>>
>> Hehe you will probably regret giving the offer ;-)
>
>Well at the worst we'll have him laughing and throwing things at us :)
>McG.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:48:05 AM

> Been running yer map for two days now in rotation with the rats
> maps.... Haven't noticed the attendance though....
>
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:40:44 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hehe you will probably regret giving the offer ;-)
>>
>> Well at the worst we'll have him laughing and throwing things at us
>> :)  McG.
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Sorry man, I've dropped in a couple times, left a few words... they'd
show in the console right?
I'll be in there in a mo. Work has been in bed at 8pm, up at 2 am, up
an at em. :\ Have the weekend off now...I hope :)
McG.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 1:45:56 AM

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Been running yer map for two days now in rotation with the rats
> maps.... Haven't noticed the attendance though....

Look on the right server? ;)  Those guys like MadMaddox were showing
me just how lousy I really am :)
McG.

> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:40:44 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hehe you will probably regret giving the offer ;-)
>>
>> Well at the worst we'll have him laughing and throwing things at us
>> :)  McG.
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 6:21:50 PM

"rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "NoMaD via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hey All... I just stumbled on this thread by search for
>>> "onesneakymouse".. I too hope he is well... I was waiting for him
>>> maps for HL2, and grew tired of the wait... so I decided to take
>>> matters into my own hands and create a map. One map turned into
>>> two... and then more... Bella's Room is my daughter's bedroom (not
>>> quite as messy) I hope you all enjoy playing it, and look for the
>>> next maps I'm making!
>>>
>>> Nomy
>>

>> Which means you also built dm_bellas_room_deluxe.bsp, right? Great
>> map! :)
>> McG.
>>

> second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
> Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me
> to a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but
> the resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
> Any better hints out there..??
>
> ;-)
> cheers

I've found just one teleporter to take you outside. I hear there is
one more in the room. The easiest way I know of is to take the ladder
up to the top bunk bed, run along the rail to the bunk bed ladder and
fall into the gap... you will be outside. Hidden teleporter :)  There
is another too, they say. A hidden one. I think it's UNDER the
ceiling light. Takes a teleport to get there too I think.
McG.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 9:30:01 PM

Just jump onto the top of the doll house and jump into the trunk at
the end with the eerie green light inside....

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:21:50 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message
>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>> "NoMaD via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message

>>> Which means you also built dm_bellas_room_deluxe.bsp, right? Great
>>> map! :)
>>> McG.
>>>

>> second that!! 'cept I still can't figure out how to get outside ;-(
>> Tried jumping in the pram like somebody hinted but that just took me
>> to a ledge above the window. Found I coud break the window glass but
>> the resulting hole is in the wrong place/tto small.
>> Any better hints out there..??
>>
>> ;-)
>> cheers
>
>I've found just one teleporter to take you outside. I hear there is
>one more in the room. The easiest way I know of is to take the ladder
>up to the top bunk bed, run along the rail to the bunk bed ladder and
>fall into the gap... you will be outside. Hidden teleporter :)  There
>is another too, they say. A hidden one. I think it's UNDER the
>ceiling light. Takes a teleport to get there too I think.
>McG.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 12:31:46 AM

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:30:01 GMT, Cannon Fodder
<gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Just jump onto the top of the doll house and jump into the trunk at
>the end with the eerie green light inside....

Hint: From under the lamp, there are different teleport
destinations....

Finally got in the nest - shame my fps drops to 12 outside though!

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

> Just jump onto the top of the doll house and jump into the trunk at
> the end with the eerie green light inside....

that don't take you outside. Ah, the doll buggy, to under the light,
drop and be outside.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 3:33:58 AM

Wrong ya old fart, ya got it backwards..... The trunk takes you to the
ceiling light, strafe left or right and yer outside... Lay off the
bottle... :)

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:01:59 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Just jump onto the top of the doll house and jump into the trunk at
>> the end with the eerie green light inside....
>>
>that don't take you outside. Ah, the doll buggy, to under the light,
>drop and be outside.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 4:35:07 AM

> Wrong ya old fart, ya got it backwards..... The trunk takes you to the
> ceiling light, strafe left or right and yer outside... Lay off the
> bottle... :)

Why? It's te weekend! :)  he he he!
McG.

!