Why is active sync so SLOW to transfer files?

May 6, 2004 7:54:32 PM

Allo,

Can anyone shed any light on the abysmally slow file transfer speed
when using active sync?
It takes about 30 mins to copy a 100MB file to an SD card on a
T-Mobile PPC-PE?

Many Thanks
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 3:46:26 AM

This is not even phisical limitation of USB port but software limitation of
ActiveSync client in Pocket PC 2000 and Pocket PC 2002 systems. In Windows
Mobile 2003 ActiveSync runs a few times faster.

--

..: Jakub Kañczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

Why not get a card reader for your computer and transfer to the card using
it rather than via the ppc and activesync?

"Brian" <pete@dan.com> wrote in message
> Allo,
>
> Can anyone shed any light on the abysmally slow file transfer speed
> when using active sync?
> It takes about 30 mins to copy a 100MB file to an SD card on a
> T-Mobile PPC-PE?
>
> Many Thanks
May 8, 2004 8:24:08 PM

Brian <pete@dan.com> wrote:

>Allo,
>
>Can anyone shed any light on the abysmally slow file transfer speed
>when using active sync?
>It takes about 30 mins to copy a 100MB file to an SD card on a
>T-Mobile PPC-PE?

That is not normal. I can copy over 200MB from my SD card to my
desktop in a few minutes. It may be an issue with your T-Mobile XDA.
My older iPAQ was slower at huge file transfers than my newer 2215 is.
May 10, 2004 6:34:26 PM

I used my USB reader to do it, 30 secs...
!