Font Problems

G

I installed quite a few fonts on my computer (running Win 7), and now my Fonts folder (Control Panel/Fonts) says that I have 0 fonts. I checked the registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Fonts) and all the fonts that I have are in there. Is there any way to fix this without requiring a reinstall of Windows?

digitalvivo

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Does your fonts show in a program like a word processor?

you can do a search for a font ( Arial ) see if you can find the file. Sometimes if you have one of those stupid font programs they may move the fonts somewhere.

Find them, move them, use them.

Try that out. Post back with your findings

the82pitbull

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I did the very same thing back in May and had the same issue. I think Windows 7 has a problem handling a certain amount of fonts so essentially its a matter of installing too many fonts for the OS. Back then I had installed a total of 58,000 fonts but I had to reinstall Windows 7 for another matter also. When I did that I was careful not to install too many fonts but 2 days ago I reinstalled with the full version of Windows 7 and I inadvertently installed too many fonts again. I'm not sure how because I was keeping a close eye on the number of fonts being installed and I was at 15,000 and somehow I jumped to 41,000. Apparently this issue doesn't just cause your fonts not to show in the fonts folder but also causes a lag in my system when booting up, opening programs and using some programs so its definitely a problem. I have started deleting some fonts throught the use of Windows XP Mode so hopefully I can get them down to a workable amount.