External monitor

Gin

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

Seems very simple - all I want to do is plug in an
external monitor and it appear exactly as my laptop
monitor without any fuss. That's what happens with
Win2000, Win98, Win98SE, but WinXP seems to only talk
about "extending" the desktop, which I don't want to do.
I only want a second identical monitor. Argh.

What's the trick?

Thanks,
gin

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card for XP from the
manufacturer's website? Does the card support dual monitors (I have to
presume so since you talk about it being successful on the other operating
systems)
--
Cari
www.coribright.com