HP NetRaid 3Si question.

I have a simple question to which I hope there is an equally simple answer.

Summary for the impatient:
I want to bypass a NetRaid card completely during boot up but re-flash
it's corrupt firmware after booting DOS.

Details of the problem:
I've been experimenting with an old HP NetRaid 3Si Raid controller and
after several lockups and other firmware issues, I decided to either
re-flash or upgrade the BIOS if an upgrade was available and upon
finding a suitable firmware, I proceeded with the flash. Lo and behold,
Murphy kicks in and the floppy disk is bad, upgrade fails and the system
locks up.

Now, if the card it installed it locks up (Blinking cursor) just before
the "Firmware Initializing..." part and I can't get around it to attempt
a re-flash with a fresh new diskette.

Is there a way to (in essence) tell the computer the card isn't really
there long enough to get past the corrupt firmware and into DOS to fix it?

Thanks!

"The_Beowulf" <pii400m_NO.SPAM_@cox.net> wrote in message
> I have a simple question to which I hope there is an equally simple
answer.

> Summary for the impatient:
> I want to bypass a NetRaid card completely during boot up but re-flash
> it's corrupt firmware after booting DOS.
>
> Details of the problem:
> I've been experimenting with an old HP NetRaid 3Si Raid controller and
> after several lockups and other firmware issues, I decided to either
> re-flash or upgrade the BIOS if an upgrade was available and upon
> finding a suitable firmware, I proceeded with the flash. Lo and behold,
> Murphy kicks in and the floppy disk is bad, upgrade fails and the system
> locks up.
>
> Now, if the card it installed it locks up (Blinking cursor) just before
> the "Firmware Initializing..." part and I can't get around it to attempt
> a re-flash with a fresh new diskette.
>
> Is there a way to (in essence) tell the computer the card isn't really
> there long enough to get past the corrupt firmware and into DOS to fix it?
>
> Thanks!

I don think it possible, but remome flash chip from the controller and take
copy a working chip from another controller(if you have one....!). I have
done this with several Compaq and IBM Riad controllers...

Best regards

Johnny

TRENDING THREADS