Countdown missing at beginning of movie

I added the MOVIE MAKER countdown 5-4-3-2-START at the
beginning of my movie but after saving it as a MOVIE FILE
and then exporting it to DV camcorder ta[e, I discovered
that the countdown was missing when I made a VHS tape out
of it. This has happened to me before too. Anybody know
why???

At what stage did it disappear?
Is it on the dv tape?
As the countdown lasts 5 secs, and a lot of cameras have a 5 second pre-roll
time, it's possible the movie started, the camera started after 5 seconds
the camera starts to record and the countdown has been missed.
Always start your movie with a good 5 seconds of blank or black space.
Graham
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Johnny Boy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I added the MOVIE MAKER countdown 5-4-3-2-START at the
> beginning of my movie but after saving it as a MOVIE FILE
> and then exporting it to DV camcorder ta[e, I discovered
> that the countdown was missing when I made a VHS tape out
> of it. This has happened to me before too. Anybody know
> why???

Yes, it's on the DV tape but there is no sign of it all on
the VHS tape.