Beta release: DM_Gasworks_AGHL

Hi All

I have the public beta release ready for download (5Mb zipped)

http://www.stri.lunarpages.net/download.php?view.34
(requires login)

Mirrors:
http://www.akilling.org/download/dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01.zip

Website:
http://www.geocities.com/peteraghl/

Screenies:
http://img106.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dm_gasworks_aghl_beta010021.jpg

Peter's Playgrund (DM server) is open next Saturday and Sunday evenings
from 11 PM GMT +1

80.198.168.162 (port: 46177 ?)
Servername: Peters Playground
Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
21 answers Last reply
More about beta release dm_gasworks_aghl

    > this may sound a silly question

    :-)

    Maps goes to the map folder
    Models to the models folder
    Materials to the materials folder

    Makes sence somehow
    Note If the folder does not exist just create it

    HTH

    this may sound a silly question....but
    where do i need to put this map so i can
    have a quick play on it
    TIA

    --
    DrC [aghl]

    "DrC[aghl]" <ryan.nospam@cowling.me.uk> wrote in message
    > this may sound a silly question....but
    > where do i need to put this map so i can
    > have a quick play on it
    > TIA

    Sorry....just read text file....dduuuuuuhhhh

    --
    DrC [aghl]

    > Servername: Peters Playground
    > Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01

    Server is up
    Server: 80.198.168.162:60285
    Servername: Peter's Playground
    Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01

    I know I am an impatient sob :o>

    Uzytkownik <peter.aghl@gmail.com> typed:

    > Screenies:
    > http://img106.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dm_gasworks_aghl_beta010021.jpg

    Awesome!

    > 80.198.168.162 (port: 46177 ?)
    > Servername: Peters Playground
    > Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01

    I'll check this out.

    --
    maniac / maniac(at)tweak.pl
    AMD 64 Bit Performance User

    > I put the bsp file into the \hl2mp\maps folder, set up
    > 80.198.168.162:60285 as a favourite in 'servers' on
    > Steam and double-clicked it. HL2DM started up,
    > downloaded an 'ain'(?) file and I was in the map.
    > This is not what it says above... is there a better way
    > of doing it?

    Ehh no that's the way to do it with this map
    I was just slapping DrC just a tiny bit :-)

    For your reference you can find custom maps with custom content not
    embedded in the map (bsp) file
    Like models or materials (texture)

    HTH

    Thanks :-)

    > As a noob to DM how to you test ping etc?

    The problem with HL2 MP is the physics as this can kill any half-decent
    connection
    We have discussed earlier that a larger server should go with at least
    1024Mbit upload, the more the marrier

    The map has from 50 and up on a TI4200 card with everything set to high

    > Only time I saw (slight) lag was when I blew up a few
    > barrels to test.

    Barrels and physics make things a bit hysterial on the WAN connection
    I am running with 256Mbit upload having a 10 user limit on the server
    and no download for the same reason

    In this case it's probably the server not the your rig

    Create your own listen server and check the map by using the
    +showbudget command in the console
    using -showbudget disables this

    Having at least 40FPS at places (check outside) you'll probably be fine
    :-)
    Having less you'll be fine as target practice - LOL

    rgds/Peter

    Thanks :-)

    > As a noob to DM how to you test ping etc?

    The problem with HL2 MP is the physics as this can kill any half-decent
    connection
    We have discussed earlier that a larger server should go with at least
    1024Mbit upload, the more the marrier

    The map has from 50 and up on a TI4200 card with everything set to high

    > Only time I saw (slight) lag was when I blew up a few
    > barrels to test.

    Barrels and physics make things a bit hysterial on the WAN connection
    I am running with 256Mbit upload having a 10 user limit on the server
    and no download for the same reason

    In this case it's probably the server not the your rig

    Create your own listen server and check the map by using the
    +showbudget command in the console
    using -showbudget disables this

    Having at least 40FPS at places (check outside) you'll probably be fine
    :-)
    Having less you'll be fine as target practice - LOL

    rgds/Peter

    <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have the public beta release ready for download (5Mb zipped)
    >
    > http://www.stri.lunarpages.net/download.php?view.34
    > (requires login)
    >
    > Mirrors:
    > http://www.akilling.org/download/dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01.zip
    >
    > Website:
    > http://www.geocities.com/peteraghl/
    >
    > Screenies:
    > http://img106.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dm_gasworks_aghl_beta010021.jpg
    >
    > Peter's Playgrund (DM server) is open next Saturday and Sunday
    > evenings from 11 PM GMT +1
    >
    > 80.198.168.162 (port: 46177 ?)
    > Servername: Peters Playground
    > Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01

    First link up there don't work, first mirror though I got it in 2
    seconds! :)
    I know where ta put it! :) Thanks Peter!

    peter.aghl@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have the public beta release ready for download (5Mb zipped)
    >
    > http://www.stri.lunarpages.net/download.php?view.34
    > (requires login)
    >
    > Mirrors:
    > http://www.akilling.org/download/dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01.zip
    >
    > Website:
    > http://www.geocities.com/peteraghl/
    >
    > Screenies:
    > http://img106.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dm_gasworks_aghl_beta010021.jpg
    >
    > Peter's Playgrund (DM server) is open next Saturday and Sunday evenings
    > from 11 PM GMT +1
    >
    > 80.198.168.162 (port: 46177 ?)
    > Servername: Peters Playground
    > Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01

    Great map Peter - nice job. As a noob to DM how to you test ping etc?
    What else should I look for? Only time I saw (slight) lag was when I
    blew up a few barrels to test.

    As I said in the map - have to overcome this noob status - we'll have to
    arrange a bash - working away a couple of days so perhaps the weekend?

    --
    It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
    taming in one go.

    > peter.aghl@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> this may sound a silly question
    >>

    >> :-)
    >>
    >> Maps goes to the map folder
    >> Models to the models folder
    >> Materials to the materials folder
    >>
    >> Makes sence somehow
    >> Note If the folder does not exist just create it
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > I put the bsp file into the \hl2mp\maps folder, set up
    > 80.198.168.162:60285 as a favourite in 'servers' on Steam and
    > double-clicked it. HL2DM started up, downloaded an 'ain'(?) file and
    > I was in the map. This is not what it says above... is there a
    > better way of doing it?

    I just go into HL2DM, click Start Server, pick the map from the list,
    click ok, and I'm in :)
    McG.

    > If it's OK with you I'll run it on my server too...

    No problem - That's the whole idea - LOL

    > The only improvement I can see is to place
    > a RPG in the 3 story outdoor building like
    > in the original.

    The white building?
    Or that in the middle
    Have to check, I think it's the old RPG tower (white building), forgot
    about that
    Bugger :-)

    Thnx/Peter

    >> Servername: Peters Playground
    >> Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
    >
    > Server is up
    > Server: 80.198.168.162:60285
    > Servername: Peter's Playground
    > Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
    >
    > I know I am an impatient sob :o>

    Darn. Server don't show :(
    McG. <day late and dollar short>

    peter.aghl@gmail.com wrote:
    >>I put the bsp file into the \hl2mp\maps folder, set up
    >>80.198.168.162:60285 as a favourite in 'servers' on
    >>Steam and double-clicked it. HL2DM started up,
    >>downloaded an 'ain'(?) file and I was in the map.
    >>This is not what it says above... is there a better way
    >>of doing it?
    >

    > Ehh no that's the way to do it with this map
    > I was just slapping DrC just a tiny bit :-)

    Deserved I'm sure ;-)

    > For your reference you can find custom maps with custom content not
    > embedded in the map (bsp) file
    > Like models or materials (texture)
    >
    > HTH

    It does thanks.

    --

    peter.aghl@gmail.com wrote:
    > Thanks :-)
    >

    >>As a noob to DM how to you test ping etc?
    >

    > The problem with HL2 MP is the physics as this can kill any half-decent
    > connection
    > We have discussed earlier that a larger server should go with at least
    > 1024Mbit upload, the more the marrier
    >
    > The map has from 50 and up on a TI4200 card with everything set to high
    >

    >>Only time I saw (slight) lag was when I blew up a few
    >>barrels to test.
    >

    > Barrels and physics make things a bit hysterial on the WAN connection
    > I am running with 256Mbit upload having a 10 user limit on the server
    > and no download for the same reason
    >
    > In this case it's probably the server not the your rig
    >
    > Create your own listen server and check the map by using the
    > +showbudget command in the console
    > using -showbudget disables this
    >
    > Having at least 40FPS at places (check outside) you'll probably be fine
    > :-)
    > Having less you'll be fine as target practice - LOL
    >
    > rgds/Peter

    Target practice is as much what I'm expecting no matter how the server
    behaves or my fps... :-)

    I'll play with the settings (it'll be Friday now - early morning start
    tomorrow)

    Thanks for the advice. C ya soon.

    --
    It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
    taming in one go.
    You don't think it might be better if you worked your way toward lion
    taming, say, via banking...

    If it's OK with you I'll run it on my server too... The only
    improvement I can see is to place a RPG in the 3 story outdoor
    building like in the original.... It added some balance...

    On 4 Apr 2005 13:17:59 -0700, peter.aghl@gmail.com wrote:

    "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
    a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
    who feel its power. It burns those who fight
    its progress. And one day this untamed fire
    of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
    our world."

    > Darn. Server don't show :(

    Went down around at midnight GMT +1
    Had been speculating if I should let it run all night, but well face it
    when connecting from abroad the ping figures is something I'd like to
    see on my bankaccount not in a HL2DM match :-)

    - Peter

    > I was just slapping DrC just a tiny bit :-)

    slapping......more like a gentle tap
    and i'm sure i didn't deserve it.
    ;o)

    --

    >> Darn. Server don't show :(
    >
    > Went down around at midnight GMT +1
    > Had been speculating if I should let it run all night, but well face
    > it when connecting from abroad the ping figures is something I'd like
    > to see on my bankaccount not in a HL2DM match :-)
    >
    > - Peter

    LOL! Ok, I got the map installed, will run it tonight. Thanks for
    keeping us up to speed!
    McG.

    Ok server is up and running
    I will leave it running for the rest of the night

    80.198.168.162:55426
    Servername: Peter's Playground
    Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01

    There's a map cycle switching to dm_steamlab every 20 minute

    Have fun :-)

Video Games