TV Tuner - Please someone help

Okay, this is ridiculas I bought this windows media center
edition computer for the one reason that it had a TV tuner
to watch TV. One week into having it I decide to update
my video card and all of a sudden I get files are corrupt
errors when trying to view live tv. I have never found
ways to get this fixed so I can watch TV again. I want
someone from Microsoft to send me some files to fix this
please I feel like there's no help for this issue yet I've
seen tons of people with the same problem. I have ATI
all in one radeon 9000 I think. But I need some
solutions if anyone can help me. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about tuner help

    Did you read the solutions to their problems? Your OEM supports XP Media
    Center edition, not Microsoft. You need to reinstall the MPEG-2/DVD decoder
    that was included with your machines. If you don't have it, ask your OEM.

    --
    Chris Lanier
    Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
    "Trever" <Yizee20@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, this is ridiculas I bought this windows media center
    > edition computer for the one reason that it had a TV tuner
    > to watch TV. One week into having it I decide to update
    > my video card and all of a sudden I get files are corrupt
    > errors when trying to view live tv. I have never found
    > ways to get this fixed so I can watch TV again. I want
    > someone from Microsoft to send me some files to fix this
    > please I feel like there's no help for this issue yet I've
    > seen tons of people with the same problem. I have ATI
    > all in one radeon 9000 I think. But I need some
    > solutions if anyone can help me. Thanks

    There's a CD that came with the dell computer that has DVD
    software on it and I assume thats what your talking
    about. I reinstalled that as well as the video card
    drivers included on the CD nothing fixes it. I noticed
    when I inserted the CD that reinstalls the computer they
    had an option to reinstall the system but keep your
    programs or something. My question is can I choose that
    option will it save all the movies and stuff I have on my
    computer?

    I couldn't tell you, I've never used the recovery software include with any
    of my PC's. Again, best bet is to ask the people who support your computer
    (i.e whoever you purchased it from)

    --
    > There's a CD that came with the dell computer that has DVD
    > software on it and I assume thats what your talking
    > about. I reinstalled that as well as the video card
    > drivers included on the CD nothing fixes it. I noticed
    > when I inserted the CD that reinstalls the computer they
    > had an option to reinstall the system but keep your
    > programs or something. My question is can I choose that
    > option will it save all the movies and stuff I have on my
    > computer?

    ALright thanks for your help I'll contact Dell and see if
    they know anything

Video TV Tuner Microsoft Windows XP