TV Tuner - Please someone help

Okay, this is ridiculas I bought this windows media center
edition computer for the one reason that it had a TV tuner
to watch TV. One week into having it I decide to update
my video card and all of a sudden I get files are corrupt
errors when trying to view live tv. I have never found
ways to get this fixed so I can watch TV again. I want
someone from Microsoft to send me some files to fix this
please I feel like there's no help for this issue yet I've
seen tons of people with the same problem. I have ATI
all in one radeon 9000 I think. But I need some
solutions if anyone can help me. Thanks

Did you read the solutions to their problems? Your OEM supports XP Media
Center edition, not Microsoft. You need to reinstall the MPEG-2/DVD decoder
that was included with your machines. If you don't have it, ask your OEM.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"Trever" <Yizee20@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, this is ridiculas I bought this windows media center
> edition computer for the one reason that it had a TV tuner
> to watch TV. One week into having it I decide to update
> my video card and all of a sudden I get files are corrupt
> errors when trying to view live tv. I have never found
> ways to get this fixed so I can watch TV again. I want
> someone from Microsoft to send me some files to fix this
> please I feel like there's no help for this issue yet I've
> seen tons of people with the same problem. I have ATI
> all in one radeon 9000 I think. But I need some
> solutions if anyone can help me. Thanks

There's a CD that came with the dell computer that has DVD
software on it and I assume thats what your talking
about. I reinstalled that as well as the video card
drivers included on the CD nothing fixes it. I noticed
when I inserted the CD that reinstalls the computer they
had an option to reinstall the system but keep your
programs or something. My question is can I choose that
option will it save all the movies and stuff I have on my
computer?

I couldn't tell you, I've never used the recovery software include with any
of my PC's. Again, best bet is to ask the people who support your computer
(i.e whoever you purchased it from)

--
> There's a CD that came with the dell computer that has DVD
> software on it and I assume thats what your talking
> about. I reinstalled that as well as the video card
> drivers included on the CD nothing fixes it. I noticed
> when I inserted the CD that reinstalls the computer they
> had an option to reinstall the system but keep your
> programs or something. My question is can I choose that
> option will it save all the movies and stuff I have on my
> computer?

ALright thanks for your help I'll contact Dell and see if
they know anything