Quicktime Streaming Audio Synronization Problem with xp

June 11, 2004 5:14:07 PM

Hi,
I have a dell laptop that I want to play streaming video mov files in
Quicktime using xp. The video starts out fine but after a few minutes
the audio is ahead of the video and it gets worse as the video goes
on. I've changed the sound out settings in the Quicktime control panel
setup to 8 bit and 22hz, but that doesn't seem to change the audio. I
even bought Quicktime Pro version 6, I believe. Anyone know how to set
up Quicktime to keep the audio in sync?
Thanks, Ter
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 1:56:19 AM

Are you streaming direct from the net? If so, I'd suggest perhaps looking at
the Apple forums for more help.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Ter" <tmiller124@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a dell laptop that I want to play streaming video mov files in
> Quicktime using xp. The video starts out fine but after a few minutes
> the audio is ahead of the video and it gets worse as the video goes
> on. I've changed the sound out settings in the Quicktime control panel
> setup to 8 bit and 22hz, but that doesn't seem to change the audio. I
> even bought Quicktime Pro version 6, I believe. Anyone know how to set
> up Quicktime to keep the audio in sync?
> Thanks, Ter
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 3:04:55 PM

Graham,
I purchased Quicktime Pro and the problem
went away :-)

Thanks!
Ter

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message news:<eOeYRa$TEHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Are you streaming direct from the net? If so, I'd suggest perhaps looking at
> the Apple forums for more help.
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.simplydv.co.uk
>
> "Ter" <tmiller124@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have a dell laptop that I want to play streaming video mov files in
> > Quicktime using xp. The video starts out fine but after a few minutes
> > the audio is ahead of the video and it gets worse as the video goes
> > on. I've changed the sound out settings in the Quicktime control panel
> > setup to 8 bit and 22hz, but that doesn't seem to change the audio. I
> > even bought Quicktime Pro version 6, I believe. Anyone know how to set
> > up Quicktime to keep the audio in sync?
> > Thanks, Ter
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 3:18:33 AM