Linksys WRT54G and UDP (Windows Media Player) firewall pro..

Tags:
  • Video
  • Media Player
  • Windows XP
June 12, 2004 7:51:43 AM

For some reason, I am unable to play "streaming video" through my Windows
Media Player. Someone told me that it is probably that Linksys WRT54G
router causing the problem by blocking with the firewall. Are there
certain ports that I can forward to "fix" this situation?

I am runnng Windows XP SP1 with 1GB RAM and all patches u-to-date. My
connection is DSL 1.5/384K.

Thanks!

--
To reply via email to this message, please delete REMOVETHESPAM from the
beginning of the email address.

More about : linksys wrt54g udp windows media player firewall pro

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 3:31:49 PM

Is that the only firewall you have or do you run some software firewall as
well?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com