Solution (Re: NTFS convert gone bad)

I mounted the drive as the master on the secondary IDE of a newer
system running WInXP SP2. It shows up perfectly - 117 GB apparantly
all files intact.

So, for some reason the convert must have only destroyed the boot
record - not the entire drive as I thought.

Thanks to all you experts that generously shared your time and
expertise on this topic!

Burl

burlev@hotmail.com (Burl) wrote in message news:<9643e15.0410080054.6063e0d3@posting.google.com>...
> I mounted the drive as the master on the secondary IDE of a newer
> system running WInXP SP2. It shows up perfectly - 117 GB apparantly
> all files intact.
>
> So, for some reason the convert must have only destroyed the boot
> record - not the entire drive as I thought.
>
> Thanks to all you experts that generously shared your time and
> expertise on this topic!
>
> Burl

After working on the drive some more I realize that it was only
through the grace of the abstraction layer provided through MAXBLAST
that I was able to see the drive on this computer in the first place.
I think that the convert to NTFS somehow broke the MAXBLAST
abstraction.

Burl