Solution (Re: NTFS convert gone bad)

I mounted the drive as the master on the secondary IDE of a newer
system running WInXP SP2. It shows up perfectly - 117 GB apparantly
all files intact.

So, for some reason the convert must have only destroyed the boot
record - not the entire drive as I thought.

Thanks to all you experts that generously shared your time and
expertise on this topic!

Burl
1 answer Last reply
More about solution ntfs convert

    burlev@hotmail.com (Burl) wrote in message news:<9643e15.0410080054.6063e0d3@posting.google.com>...
    > I mounted the drive as the master on the secondary IDE of a newer
    > system running WInXP SP2. It shows up perfectly - 117 GB apparantly
    > all files intact.
    >
    > So, for some reason the convert must have only destroyed the boot
    > record - not the entire drive as I thought.
    >
    > Thanks to all you experts that generously shared your time and
    > expertise on this topic!
    >
    > Burl

    After working on the drive some more I realize that it was only
    through the grace of the abstraction layer provided through MAXBLAST
    that I was able to see the drive on this computer in the first place.
    I think that the convert to NTFS somehow broke the MAXBLAST
    abstraction.

    Burl

Hardware NTFS Storage