New Seagate Barracuda 160 - UDMA or SATA

I am going to get a new Seagate Barracuda 160 and am not sure whether
to stick with UDMA (with rounded cables) or get a SATA drive. Iam
using an ASUS P4PE (which has a Promise PDC20376) which can use
either. I don't need any extra speed just reliability. What would
people recommend
1 answer Last reply
More about seagate barracuda udma sata

    John wrote:

    > I am going to get a new Seagate Barracuda 160 and am not sure whether
    > to stick with UDMA (with rounded cables) or get a SATA drive. Iam
    > using an ASUS P4PE (which has a Promise PDC20376) which can use
    > either. I don't need any extra speed just reliability. What would
    > people recommend

    From a reliability viewpoint it's not going to make any difference. Seagate
    may have tuned the seek pattern on the UDMA drive for quiet and the SATA
    for speed--some manufacturers seem to have been doing that with some
    drives--but it's not certain.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)