Canon Powershot A75

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 27, 2004 1:36:15 PM

I've followed the A70 thread. I'm thinking of buying the A75. Any
problems, thoughts, judgements, etc.?

George

More about : canon powershot a75

July 28, 2004 3:29:39 AM

"George Nuetzel" <joanngeo@BCPL.net> wrote in message
> I've followed the A70 thread. I'm thinking of buying the A75. Any
> problems, thoughts, judgements, etc.?
>
> George

Good camera, basic difference is I think that the LCD screen on the A75 is
better. Go for it. My daughter has the A70, we have the A75 at work.

Eddie
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 11:12:17 AM

Thanks for your comment. That's the one I'm going to buy.

I have another question on the NiMH rechargable batteries. I had an old
flash
unit that used the NiCads. If I charged them to full capacity and then
took
them out of the charger, they would slowly lose their charge. Are the
newer
ones the same way or do they hold their charge longer?

Thanks,

George

Eddie wrote:

> "George Nuetzel" <joanngeo@BCPL.net> wrote in message
> > I've followed the A70 thread. I'm thinking of buying the A75. Any
> > problems, thoughts, judgements, etc.?
> >
> > George
>
> Good camera, basic difference is I think that the LCD screen on the A75 is
> better. Go for it. My daughter has the A70, we have the A75 at work.
>
> Eddie
Related resources
July 31, 2004 4:54:22 PM

> Thanks for your comment. That's the one I'm going to buy.
>
> I have another question on the NiMH rechargable batteries. I had an old
> flash
> unit that used the NiCads. If I charged them to full capacity and then
> took
> them out of the charger, they would slowly lose their charge. Are the
> newer
> ones the same way or do they hold their charge longer?
>
> Thanks,

I think they hold their charge longer.

But, as you can use AA's there's no prob. A great advantage that if
rechargable are empty, just buy a pack of AA's and off you go.

Eddie
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 3:01:32 AM

I've been told that NiMh lose their charge when unused even faster than
NiCad's. But they have no memory effect and can be used in a more
efficient way in the long run.

Paul

--
PPL
(pour m'écrire, éliminez le _no_spam_ de mon adresse)

Letter sent to Nikon, no reply received..

Dear Sir:

Having seen several newspaper advertisements of Nikon range of Coolpix
cameras, I would like to find out some basic information :

1) How effective is the red-eye reduction, is it using a) preflash followed
by full-flash or b) using a Krypton bulb to light up for a few seconds
before full flash? (I tested the Canon A75 and think their red-eye reduction
is totally ineffective for taking group pictures)
2) The response time between pressing the shutter and the camera taking the
picture, I have used other brands where the response time is about 1 second,
this makes taking pictures of children (who constantly move about) very
difficult.
3) The flash response time between charging, can it be less than 1 second?
Some digital cameras take as long as 5 to 6 seconds for flash recharge! This
is too long a waiting time. (I used an Olympus digital, the flash response
time was very slow and disappointing, the Canon A75 was also very slow
although it uses 4AA batteries. In contrast the old Kodak DC40 digital
camera uses 4AA batteries takes only 1 second to recharge! )
4) Can you easily choose the ISO settings, eg. With film cameras, I can
choose to use ISO 200 or 400 films which gives good exposure and good
brilliant colours, and objects under the shadow do appear distinct with
higher ISO settings films. With digital cameras however, one has to worry
about 'noise' from higher ISO settings on digital cameras, and objects in
shadow often appear too dark or blackened in digital cameras. Have these
problems been solved in the Coolpix cameras?
5) As digital cameras 'drains' batteries quickly, are there Coolpix cameras
using AA rechargeable batteries which are cheap and easily available
nowadays?
6) Do you have live-demo for the Coolpix cameras? So that people can
evaluate properly and see how good your cameras are before wanting to spend
a few hundred dollars on them.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards
Ron