Adding SATA Data Drive to PATA System - Help Needed.

I have an A7N8X-E board with WinXP on an IDE drive. I installed a SATA
drive, to be used for data, but XP won't recognixe it. I got the Silicon
SATA driver, but am not sure what to do with it, or wheter it is needed.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you very much!
3 answers Last reply
More about adding sata data drive pata system needed

    Previously jmvcq <phlogiston@neverspam.com> wrote:
    > I have an A7N8X-E board with WinXP on an IDE drive. I installed a SATA
    > drive, to be used for data, but XP won't recognixe it. I got the Silicon
    > SATA driver, but am not sure what to do with it, or wheter it is needed.

    > I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you very much!

    Is the drive recognized by the SATA BIOS during startup?

    Arno

    In article <2tj7niF20oapvU3@uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net says...
    > Previously jmvcq <phlogiston@neverspam.com> wrote:
    > > I have an A7N8X-E board with WinXP on an IDE drive. I installed a SATA
    > > drive, to be used for data, but XP won't recognixe it. I got the Silicon
    > > SATA driver, but am not sure what to do with it, or wheter it is needed.
    >
    > > I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you very much!
    >
    > Is the drive recognized by the SATA BIOS during startup?

    Hmmm... I dont *think* there are SATA BIOS on the A7N8X-E MOBO. Or am I
    missing something?

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:30:26 GMT, jmvcq <phlogiston@neverspam.com>
    wrote:

    >I have an A7N8X-E board with WinXP on an IDE drive. I installed a SATA
    >drive, to be used for data, but XP won't recognixe it. I got the Silicon
    >SATA driver, but am not sure what to do with it, or wheter it is needed.
    >
    >I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you very much!

    I had a similar problem. After much research and trial and error, I
    had to reinstall windows and during the setup, press F6 to install
    SATA drivers such as you would for installing a SCSI drive.

    PaPa.

SATA Storage