Weird DI5/DI2002 problem

Hi
Drive Image is giving much grief on a clean install of XP Pro SP2. I
installed DI5.01 which used to work fine before I got my current m/b (Asus
A7N8X-E booting off SATA 0). If I either boot into Caldera DOS from Windows
or use the floppies, DI will start then finish OK /if/ I don't select Verify
& if I do so, I get error 1831 (Image not found).

If I try to read the resulting image files, I get access denied. I then
check the permissions which were set to System only - I add the
Administrators group then can then read, verify or restore them. The
partitions which being copied & the target partition are all NTFS. Anyone
any ideas? I've pasted this bit from the debug log which is from DI2002
which does the same:

BootExecute:
---------------------
PDBoot.exe
autocheck autochk *
Batch File - D:\Program Files\PowerQuest\Drive Image
2002\DIDefs\PQ_DIWIN.pqb
pqLogLock (pqhandle == 0) ...
Locking file \\.\C:
ThreadedLock: failed retry 0, DeviceIoControl = 5
ThreadedLock: failed retry 1, DeviceIoControl = 5
ThreadedLock: failed retry 2, DeviceIoControl = 5
pqLogLock: FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME failed = 0
IsLockable(C:) - pqLogLock failed.
Cannot Commit Changes Live.

Regards

"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:2thgvdF1vdaqvU1@uni-berlin.de
> Hi
> Drive Image is giving much grief on a clean install of XP Pro SP2. I installed
> DI5.01 which used to work fine before I got my current m/b (Asus A7N8X-E
> booting off SATA 0). If I either boot into Caldera DOS from Windows
> or use the floppies, DI will start then finish OK /if/ I don't select Verify
> & if I do so, I get error 1831 (Image not found).
>
> If I try to read the resulting image files, I get access denied.
> I then check the permissions which were set to System only - I add
> the Administrators group then can then read, verify or restore them.
> The partitions which being copied & the target partition are all NTFS.
> Anyone any ideas? I've pasted this bit from

> the debug log

Oh goody, they booted it onto the market when it still was in its testing stage.

> which is from DI2002 which does the same:
>
> BootExecute:
> ---------------------
> PDBoot.exe
> autocheck autochk *
> Batch File - D:\Program Files\PowerQuest\Drive Image
> 2002\DIDefs\PQ_DIWIN.pqb
> pqLogLock (pqhandle == 0) ...
> Locking file \\.\C:
> ThreadedLock: failed retry 0, DeviceIoControl = 5
> ThreadedLock: failed retry 1, DeviceIoControl = 5
> ThreadedLock: failed retry 2, DeviceIoControl = 5
> pqLogLock: FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME failed = 0
> IsLockable(C:) - pqLogLock failed.
> Cannot Commit Changes Live.
>
> Regards