Windows Media Player won't always start

- XP Home, all windows updates applied;
- Media Player ver. 9.00.00.3075

When I open Windows Explorer and show a list of video media clips
(avi/mpg/wmv), and double-click one, it plays in WMP. If I close it and
then double-click another, most of the time the cursor changes to an
hourglass for 5 seconds or so, and then nothing. If I double-click it
again, it usually starts normally.

I can repeat this ad nauseaum. Right-clicking on a video file and then
selecting Play does the same thing. Using the arrow keys and the Enter
key to select each video file and start it also does the same thing.

Has anyone seen this behavior before. I searched Google newsgroups, but
couldn't find a similar problem and solution.

Thanks,
-- Vinnie

Try turning your firewall off. I just upgraded to WMP 9 and it wouldn't
start at all until I turned mine off. I use Kerio btw.

--
idoru