can't use multiple monitors..

I have xp pro and a video card that supports multiple
monitors (updated driver) however i can't see the second
monitor in >Display > Settings. What can I do to add the
dualview or multiple monitor feature? thanks in advance

You have both monitors connected and turned on?
They are of the appropiate sort for the output, ie dvi?
The updated driver is the one from the manufacturer of the card?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"jmccall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have xp pro and a video card that supports multiple
> monitors (updated driver) however i can't see the second
> monitor in >Display > Settings. What can I do to add the
> dualview or multiple monitor feature? thanks in advance

i have the same problem. did you find a solution?
--
clickapter

"jmccall" wrote:

> I have xp pro and a video card that supports multiple
> monitors (updated driver) however i can't see the second
> monitor in >Display > Settings. What can I do to add the
> dualview or multiple monitor feature? thanks in advance

Did you download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"clickapter" <clickapter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have the same problem. did you find a solution?
> --
> clickapter
>

> "jmccall" wrote:
>
>> I have xp pro and a video card that supports multiple
>> monitors (updated driver) however i can't see the second
>> monitor in >Display > Settings. What can I do to add the
>> dualview or multiple monitor feature? thanks in advance

thanks for your interest
I have actually two cards:
1. NVIDIA RIVA TNT - originally came with my COMPAQ
2. NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 - bought additionally

on each of them I did driver update and its OK
the problem is, that as soon as the second card is installed, only the second monitor is working.
besides, in the Device Manager in properties for the first card it says: this device cannot start (Code 10)
then, when second card is uninstalled, the first card works properly.
any suggestions?
will greatly appreciate
--
clickapter

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "clickapter" <clickapter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have the same problem. did you find a solution?
> > --
> > clickapter
> >

> > "jmccall" wrote:
> >
> >> I have xp pro and a video card that supports multiple
> >> monitors (updated driver) however i can't see the second
> >> monitor in >Display > Settings. What can I do to add the
> >> dualview or multiple monitor feature? thanks in advance

Send an email to nVidia to ask if these cards can be used together. Usually
you can only use a single instance of hardware, the second instance MUST be
different.
--

> thanks for your interest
> I have actually two cards:
> 1. NVIDIA RIVA TNT - originally came with my COMPAQ
> 2. NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 - bought additionally
>
> on each of them I did driver update and its OK
> the problem is, that as soon as the second card is installed, only the
> second monitor is working.
> besides, in the Device Manager in properties for the first card it says:
> this device cannot start (Code 10)
> then, when second card is uninstalled, the first card works properly.
> any suggestions?
> will greatly appreciate
> --
> clickapter
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Did you download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
>> --
>> Cari
>> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "clickapter" <clickapter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have the same problem. did you find a solution?
>> > --
>> > clickapter

-- Thanks for reply,
if that was their answer, how can I find out which card will be compatible with the original NVIDIA TNT?
clickapter

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Send an email to nVidia to ask if these cards can be used together. Usually
> you can only use a single instance of hardware, the second instance MUST be
> different.
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "clickapter" <clickapter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks for your interest
> > I have actually two cards:
> > 1. NVIDIA RIVA TNT - originally came with my COMPAQ
> > 2. NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 - bought additionally
> >
> > on each of them I did driver update and its OK
> > the problem is, that as soon as the second card is installed, only the
> > second monitor is working.
> > besides, in the Device Manager in properties for the first card it says:
> > this device cannot start (Code 10)
> > then, when second card is uninstalled, the first card works properly.
> > any suggestions?
> > will greatly appreciate
> > --
> > clickapter
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
> >> --
> >> Cari
> >> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "clickapter" <clickapter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

If you like nVidia cards, then ask them.... I'm sure they'll be happy you
may purchase another nVidia product.