Viewing burned DVD on my Television

I performed a 'Save to CD' with my finished WMM movie.
What must I do to be able to have it play using the DVD
player I have with my television. We rent DVD movies to
watch so shouldn't I be able to view my MOVIE Maker movies
just like the other DVDs? Thanks

Use the Save to My Computer and save in DV-AVI format. Then use your third
party software such as Nero, Roxio or Sonic My DVD to reencode the file in
DVD format and burn it to your DVD burner. It works perfectly.

Of course you MUST use the correct DVD disk for YOUR own standalone DVD
player. Some will happily accept -R and +R, some will only accept one or
the other. You can check which your standalone player accepts at
www.dvdrhelp.com

I watch my own DVDs on my standalone players all the time. You're just not
quite completing the process correctly.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Johnny Boy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I performed a 'Save to CD' with my finished WMM movie.
> What must I do to be able to have it play using the DVD
> player I have with my television. We rent DVD movies to
> watch so shouldn't I be able to view my MOVIE Maker movies
> just like the other DVDs? Thanks

Unfortunately the cd that MM produces in is the new highmat format, which
very very few dvd players yet suport.
You'll need to save teh MM file as a dv-avi then use the likes of
Nero/tmpg/roxio etc to make your vcd/svcd.
Also check that the dvd player supports these formats at www.dvdrhelp.com

--
Graham Hughes
MVP