pc to hdtv video

I have a 15 pin vga to component video connector. When I connect my laptop monitor out connection to my hdtv component video in connectors all I get is a scrambled signal on my hdtv monitor. I have a sony 1080i hdtv monitor and my laptop uses a GEForce4 420 go 32M video card. Could you please help me to get a clear picture when I try to clone my laptop monitor to my hdtv monitor.
1 answer Last reply
More about hdtv video

    What resoloution do you have your HDTV monitor set to?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Need HDTV from my PC" <Need HDTV from my PC@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:D98121A6-BFE1-4D24-806B-86D71B50B9DA@microsoft.com...
    >I have a 15 pin vga to component video connector. When I connect my laptop
    >monitor out connection to my hdtv component video in connectors all I get
    >is a scrambled signal on my hdtv monitor. I have a sony 1080i hdtv monitor
    >and my laptop uses a GEForce4 420 go 32M video card. Could you please help
    >me to get a clear picture when I try to clone my laptop monitor to my hdtv
    >monitor.

Video Laptops HDTV Monitors Windows XP