Recovering deleted partition??

I had 2 partitions on computer. I've done back up of all my
(important) data on second partition (D). I used Toshiba Recovery CDs
to install "fresh" copy of Windows XP Pro. But these CDs deleted both
partition and installed Windows on new, single partition.
Since (theoretically) no data was written on area where was my
important data (on second, D partition) is there any chance to recover
that deleted partition with all data on it?
Thank you all in advance! And sorry for my bad english!

On 21 Oct 2004 05:49:57 -0700, vanja.gavric@pu.htnet.hr (Vanja Gavric)
wrote:

>I had 2 partitions on computer. I've done back up of all my
>(important) data on second partition (D). I used Toshiba Recovery CDs
>to install "fresh" copy of Windows XP Pro. But these CDs deleted both
>partition and installed Windows on new, single partition.
>Since (theoretically) no data was written on area where was my
>important data (on second, D partition) is there any chance to recover
>that deleted partition with all data on it?
>Thank you all in advance! And sorry for my bad english!

Yes, there is a good chance if the situation is as expected.

But it sounds as the current partition must be deleted when the lost
partition is recovered, since the partitions overlap.

An alternative would be to insert the disk in a working system, and
copy the files using a file recovery program.

If you can access the internet from another PC, you can do this:

Get Findpart for DOS at

http://www.partitionsupport.com/utilities.htm

Do from boot to a DOS floppy:

findpart all fp.txt

and mail me the file fp.txt.

Or if you think it is appropriate that we attempt to solve the case
here, you can insert (not attach) the output in this thread.
--
Svend Olaf