Please Help! Urgent DV file problem!

For some weird reason i cannot play back DV avi Files,
which is causing me not being able to capture or edit!,
there are 2 weird things though: The DV avi FIles play
fine in Quicktime and The problem started occuring a
month ago. Please Help! As i'm in the middle of a project
and the deadline is comming up!
pleeeeeeeeeeeease help!
thank you so much in advance
sean

Is this a number of problems?

You cannot capture any dv-avi file?
You cannot play back any dv-avi file except in Quicktime?

What did you do to the pc about a month ago which may have caused this? Can
you use system restore to go back before this point? Can you remove any apps
that you installed at this date. It would appear that this might be the
route cause of the problem.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP
"Sean Daley" <scdaley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For some weird reason i cannot play back DV avi Files,
> which is causing me not being able to capture or edit!,
> there are 2 weird things though: The DV avi FIles play
> fine in Quicktime and The problem started occuring a
> month ago. Please Help! As i'm in the middle of a project
> and the deadline is comming up!
> pleeeeeeeeeeeease help!
> thank you so much in advance
> sean

I am having the same problems.
I recently had broadband installed but don't know if this is when the problems arrose. I don't know how to uninstall the drivers for broadband either.

I'd also be grateful of help as I'm in the middle of a project too :)

Paul Scarbro