Nvidia Drivers not working for Geforce 2 Mx 400, Stop erro..

June 20, 2004 4:44:43 PM

Hello
We are running a Geforce 2 Mx 400 in this machine and
when i try to install nvidia's latest drivers i get a
stop error (0x000000c2) after rebooting. I uninstalled
the drivers in safe mode and this resolved the stop
error. I also tried installing the drivers that are
supplied by windows update for the video card and the
same thing happens with those drivers. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 21, 2004 2:19:29 PM

I have found the latest n-vidia drivers do not work well on my system and
used the driver roll back to go back the the earlier version, which works
perfectly well for me. Is there a reason you need the latest ones?
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP
"Nathan" <nlhgamer@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> We are running a Geforce 2 Mx 400 in this machine and
> when i try to install nvidia's latest drivers i get a
> stop error (0x000000c2) after rebooting. I uninstalled
> the drivers in safe mode and this resolved the stop
> error. I also tried installing the drivers that are
> supplied by windows update for the video card and the
> same thing happens with those drivers. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Nathan
July 3, 2004 12:06:54 PM

Actually my dad just bought a geforce fx 5200 but we are
having the same problem with updating the drivers on this
one also =(

I would like to have the updated drivers because the ones
that windows throws in there are not very good...when you
are in internet explorer and you try to scroll it goes
like frame by frame and won't scoll smoothly and we were
planning on running some games on it and i think you need
to have the latest drivers for that.
That's interesting that you had the same problem....I
have heard that nvidia drivers have some compatability
problem or something and was told that you needed an
update although i cannot find any such update when using
windows update. My friend is running xp pro with a
geforce fx 5900 ultra and he hasn't had any problems
(im running home)

any suggestions on how i could get it to work with new
drivers?

thanks for the help =)
Nathan

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 3, 2004 9:12:16 PM

How are the n-vidia ones that came with the card performing? n-vidia produce
one set of drivers for all cards, so if you want the latest you just go to
n-vidias site and download them.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes