Using a PATA cd/dvd writer with a SATA controller and conv..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,misc.consumers (More info?)

If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer with a
SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which controller and
converter you used. Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
1 answer Last reply
More about using pata writer sata controller conv
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,misc.consumers (More info?)

    "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:n0dln05scdo75dhc54jhlisbidn4hh3pqd@4ax.com
    > If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer with a
    > SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which controller and
    > converter you used. Thank you in advance for all replies.

    http://www.addonics.com/products/io/ide_sata.asp

    No personal experience but under 'Product Features' it says:
    - compatible with any Serial ATA controller (ATAPI device may
    only work with host controller using Silicon Image chipset)

Controller DVD Writers CD-Rom Storage